Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

One of the meditative exercises in Effortless Success has you picture yourself in a theater and ask a question about your life's purpose. You then picture an image on the theater screen and that's suppose to lead you further into your next steps for life.

My question is this - I have someone that I want to share this with, but I'm concerned it may backfire. This person is riddled with anxiety about work and I'm concerned that any inner voice speaking (i.e. the theater image) will be negative because of the struggles with doubt and anxiety.

This person is really fantastic @ their job...but they see themselves as a failure despite much positive reinforcement. I believe that they would walk away from their job given the opportunity. But In my opinion, just because things are not going the way we want them to doesn't mean "walk away", it could mean reorient and live out your purpose within your present circumstances. Aside from something abusive/dangerous, I am a proponent of conquering rather than quitting...we become stronger people when we conquer. Quitting is acceptable sometimes, but many times it's just a way out with no eye towards personal growth.

So, I am concerned that their inner voice/inner eyes have been trained to be negative and will just reinforce more negativity with such an exercise.

Also, what would are recommended for someone with struggles with doubt, fear, & anxiety? What courses or paraliminals. I definitely want to recommend something, it may not be Effortless Success, but something is needed for sure.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You can ask them if they are interested in doing it and put your concerns to them what they think. If they want to try it, it's up to them.

Use Self-Esteem Supercharger for self doubt, general fears and anxiety. Other Paraliminals can help address the challenges in specific areas where those doubts, fears and anxieties are expressed.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved