Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86035 03/21/17 03:59 PM
milaine Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi!
I am so interested in learning how to photoread!! I never bought the self study program because I wanted to attend a seminar. I would love to go to the one in April but it just didn't work out for so many reasons and it seems like that's the only one Paul Scheele will lead this year. So now I'm questioning if I should just do the self study as I have been wanting to learn this for so long or if there is an added benefit of doing it via live streaming. The live streaming is a lot more expensive and with the self study, aside from doing it at your own pace, you get a manual that you can revisit when needed. I just keep questioning if I will get more from the live streaming or if I should do the self study since I'm not going to be there physically anyway... Any input is super appreciated!!!

Learning Strategies Admin

If you plan to do the streaming plan to participate with the seminar. You'll be provided with what you need to participate so expect to download the files. I recommend printing them for ease of following along.

Self study is excellent if you do it. For many it can become shelf study. The steaming seminar is a time commitment. You book your time as you would in attending the live seminar.

You'll also have access to the streaming files later again as they will be added to your library.

The best option a personal choice. Do you learn better by seeing watching others, showing you or do you learn by testing and exploring the audio instructions.

If watching is your preferred way of learning, the streaming course is for that.

If you prefer to learn on your own, exploring on your own, the audio course will suit your needs.

Alex

milaine Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Alex, Thanks for the reply! That's what I'm afraid of - that it will become a shelf study... do you think one will get the same results with the streaming as if one was physically there? Thanks again!!

If you participate in the seminar then you're ahead of those who just listen to the audio without doing any of the suggested activities.

The live seminar polished the PhotoReading system some more for me. I learned from the book. Then did the home study course and then took the seminar as an experience after starting the instructor training.

So I know one can even learn from the book alone.

Alex

milaine Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks so much for the info! I will probably do the self study for now smile

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved