Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jesper Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Wendy,

In some traditions they talk about permanent healing, when someone feels or let go of an emotion.

Does that happen in Jeddah's teachings? Or do we instead learn to create a new habit so that the emotion won't come up even though it is still there?

Thank you.

Jesper

Last edited by Jesper; 03/30/17 11:21 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Jesper!

I think that could go either way, although I think for most people the more expansive new state would override the old contracted pattern because it can't co-exist with the higher frequency of the new belief and the emotion it generates. Sometimes it can feel like a layers of the onion situation, because until the new pattern is foundational to our state of being, the old state can still surface, but in a more and more diluted state.

How does it feel to you in the circumstance you are referencing?

Wendy

Jesper Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your reply.

I experience a transmutation of the uncomfortable emotion into a positive one. Later I feel negative emotions in the area, say the solar plexus, more strongly - probably because I become more sensitive or a deeper layer come forth. This all makes sense to me, and I accept that as a part of the process.

The reason I'm asking though is that, as I understand it, trauma is stored in the brain stem and by letting go of the emotions related to the trauma, the trauma gets healed permanently. However, I fear that controlling my states by holding a positive thought/intention will not permanently heal the trauma. Instead there will always be the risk that it shows up if I'm not diligent with my intention. Whereas a healing of the trauma will cause it to never arise again.
Then I was thinking that maybe the trauma does get healed somehow, but that I just don't understand how it occurs. That is why I'm asking you.

Does that make sense?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again, Jesper!

It does make sense, and I know of multiple people who have permanently resolved earlier traumas. It's not a matter of "controlling" the state, because the state no longer exists. We really are powerful beyond belief (once we get out of our own way)!!!

Wendy
Learning Strategies

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved