Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jenny7 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone

Hope all is well.

I have purchased the level 4 course, which is interesting but a little confusing in parts.

Has anyone else got this course? If so how are you getting on with it?

I know im gonna have to go through my DFS level 3 again to understand it more.

I notice there are no postings for the level 4 course on the forum.

Thanks
J

Hi Jenny,

I ordered it ages ago but returned it because I could find the same information in a (much cheaper) book. If I remember correctly, level 4 is about how the stars fly into the different sectors but it does not delve deeper into the subject.

Level 3 Time Feng Shui (and Level 4) cover what is called "Flying Stars Feng Shui". The main problem is to get the correct facing and the correct time period.

My experiences with Flying Stars or as Marie calls it "Time Feng Shui" are quite good but it took some time and a Feng Shui master to get the correct facing and the right period (I have a difficult home!)

But if you have any questions just ask. smile I'm sure this forum will help you.

Greetings from Germany,

Astrid

jenny7 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Astrid

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you mean as I have found this as well.

The water and mountain stars has thrown a spanner in the works for me because they were not covered in level 3 from what I can see, unless I am missing something.

For example, is the Feng Shui Mountains stated in level 3 the same as the Mountain star in level 4???

I feel as if both the levels 3 and 4 are talking different languages. Its like a totally separate course on its own.

Im going to persevere with it anyway and see how I get on.

Thanks again for your input.

With gratitude
J

Hi Jenny,

the 24 mountains in level 3 are the traditional name for the facing direction of your front door, e.g. Southwest 1, West 3, North 2 and so on. Based on the direction of the front door and the period of your home the charts are created ("flying the stars").

The mountain and water stars of level 4 are not mentioned in level 3 even though they are the basis for the stars which are called "Power Star", "Abundance Star", "Relationship Star" or "Conflict Star" and "Disaster Star". These names have been invented by Marie Diamond and you won't find them anywhere in literature. But when you look at the individual charts of level 4 you'll see that usually a water star 1 or 8 is activated as abundance star. The mountain star in level 4 is the left star in each sector. (Some schools call it sitting star.) The water star is the right star in each sector, other schools call it facing star and can be activated with a fountain or a door. She left out the information that there are several stars in each sector. In general, abundance stars are the stars 8 and 1 and if they appear as water stars they can be activated with water, as a general rule (other schools also use the water star 9 as abundance star). She calls the stars 8 and 4 and sometimes 1 relationship stars, particularly if they appear as mountain stars (or sitting stars) and can be activated by high land or quiet space. Sometimes number 8 is also called Power Star, especially when it appears as a mountain star.

Star number 5 is usually a disaster star and number 2 an illness star. Marie calls star number 3 a conflict star.

But there are some star combinations which cause either disaster or illness or abundance - but this fact is not explained - you'll only find the name "illness star" or "disaster star" or "conflict star" or "abundance star" but none of the stars I mentioned above can be found in this sector - in this case the star combination triggers this effect.

I remember an example from my own chart which drove me nuts: I had a power star, an abundance star and a relationship star in my living room, but I didn't understand why. The star combination was 6-4 and in this case it's the star combination that does the trick but activation with water is not recommended because it's not the water star that triggers the abundance but the star combination. Star 4 is the relationship star.

I think that there is also a lack of information how the stars interact and how a mountain star or a water star is triggered by the landscape and what the star combinations might mean. Each star is also associated with an element and the elements of the stars interact as well (see Level 1 page 50 Three cycles of Elements).

Actually, Level 4 shows the background of the "pre-chewed" information in level 3, it takes you back to the roots but does not cover all information on "Flying Star" - after level 4 you are able to draw the chart for a period 6 home - but you are unable to interpret the chart. The important piece of information is missing. You can only search the charts for the star combination and look up what is suggested there without getting an explanation.

I hope I was able to answer your questions and haven't triggered even more. If my explanation is too complicated please tell me, I'll do my best...

Have fun,

Astrid

jenny7 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Astrid

Thank you. It is confusing, as I found it hard to figure out how it all links together.

So the 20yr period stars are different from water/mountain stars or are they the same thing? I was informed yesterday that the water/mountain stars are, and react differently from time feng shui stars.

All the best
J

Hi Jenny,

the stars of the 20-year periods consist of three stars: the base star (which is not interpreted and most of the time not even indicated in the material), the mountain star or sitting star (on the left or top left) and the water star or facing star (on the right side or top right corner). If you compare different resources from Joey Yap, Lillian Too or Yap Cheng Hai Academy it becomes absolutely clear that Marie Diamond's Time Feng Shui is (more or less) the same as Flying Star Feng Shui (or Xuan Kong Fei Xing in Chinese). The two numbers in each square of the 9-square grid represent the mountain/sitting star and the water/facing star. This is the basis for Time Feng Shui. Then there are the annual stars which "fly" into the grid and change every year in February.

You can look at the other sections of the chart of your home, read the advice for the other sections and see what else you can do to improve your home.

I hope this helps!

Astrid

Last edited by astrid; 09/24/17 03:11 PM.
jenny7 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Astrid, Happy New Year

I understand where you are coming from as it is confusing, its a bit more clearer now.

Thanks Astrid

J

Hi jenny7,

I understand that I have put too much information into my last post. I'll try again:

the 20-year charts in level 4 consist of two numbers in each sector. These two numbers are called mountain star (on the left) and water star (on the right). Each sector has a pair.

Annual stars change every year in February and consist of only one number in each sector.

Annual stars and the star pairs of the 20-year chart can interact.

The "mountain" of your front door has nothing to do with stars but is the traditional word for facing direction. A house can face mountain SW3 or N1 etc. The 24 subdivisions of the compass are traditionally called "mountain".

I hope this explanation is better.

All the best,
Astrid

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved