Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SPRINGJ Offline OP
OP Offline

http://flowingzen.com/1461/the-small-universe/

anybody read this before and any comments ?

I would like to bump this because after reading the article that SPRINGJ posted, I am actually scared to try the Small Universe now. The article appears to be written by someone with much experience and cautions that people have not only done damage to themselves by practicing the Small Universe prematurely, but have even ended up in the hospital.

Can anyone comment on why there is no need to have these fears? Perhaps the Spring Forest method is different than other Small Universe meditations and more suited to beginners?

yeah, I've read that article but truth be told nothing such nature ever happened if such, you would already have some kind of mental or emotional trauma before hand.
He's only talking about KUNDALINI which is water channel and not fire path channels. totally different penetration chi flow.
it is so rare for someone to have that issue b/c small orbit help user feel and enhance their lives as well reach higher cultivation.

Last edited by 13mundane; 04/29/17 02:20 PM.
1 member likes this: DLB

I've been practicing the Small Universe as it is taught by Chunyi Lin for several years and I haven't had any problems so far. The Spring Forest version is different from other Small Universe meditations. I think it's quite safe to go from point to point with each breath.

I did not read the post, and yet I will say that the SFQ Small Universe is safe. I have practices it for a long time and only ever had good results.

I have met other people who have heard about bad experiences with qigong. The one thought that always comes to mind when I hear these stories is that the energy goes where the mind goes. So go with love and expectations of good results, which is the core of SFQ.

You are perfection,
Iam2 cool

DLB Offline

I have been doing meditation: T'ai Chi and Qiqong for 32 years; MahaKundalini Meditation and initiation 20 years ago with a 2 living Masters.

13Mundane you are absolutely correct.

I was introduced to Small Universe meditation by another Master in NYC in 1994 and practiced that daily. Around 2000 I was introduced to a Sannyasin (monk) from the Saraswati Order (vis Adi Shankaracharya) who practiced MahaKundalini meditation.

Kundalini is the awakened spiritual energy that lies dormant at the base of the spine until awakened by the look from a Guru, a touch, an intention (Shaktipat Diksha), even an image of that person in a dream, even if you've never heard of nor seen this Guru before.

(I generally don't work with pranayama to activate Kundalini as many modern "Guru's" preach. I put Guru in quotes because I have been around these folks and also yoga instructors who have no idea what Kundalini does once it's awakened. This was scary-- watching folks in a yoga class become alarmed when their body spiraled in meditation at the end of class and teacher couldn't explain what was happening. THIS is what makes people anxious and stressful: when they don't understand what energy they're working with. )

So Kundalini in and of itself is not "dangerous". One should never do dharana techniques to activate Kundalini without the guidance of a Sannyasin or Master.

Unlike Chi, Kundalini runs up from the base of the spine up to the crown of the head through the sushumna nadi.

Chi runs through meridians.

Master Lin's meditations are incredibly powerful and beneficial, and they are infused with his intentions and blessings; and love.

Chi is just as powerful as Kundalini, but in a different way. They both remove samskaras, open energy blockages (Kundalini focuses on the 7 upper Chakras, which is why I still do Qiqong visualization and meditations), e.t.c. Kundalini also purifies, and that process can be incredibly intense, especially if your intention was taking vows and doing 3 years of intense work with the energy-- but under the daily guidance of a Master/ sannyasin. So one needs to be smart about these things. Krishnamurti wrote a book called "Kundalini", in which he describes in detail that he thought he was going crazy until he realized his Kundalini was awakened. He finally found a Master to help him understand what was going on. But even this is very rare. And there's no reason to worry about anything like this happening when working with Chi.
ESPECIALLY WHEN WORKING WITH MASTER LIN. 😉

Don't be afraid of doing Master Lin's meditations.

He is a bonafide Master.
A loving Master who's intention is to strengthen us and have us realize our own infinite potential.

He would never give anyone a meditation that could harm them (in private, one on one work, he may initiate someone and activate other energies in their body [initiation; usually after 12 years. Even Dalai Lama does this although it's not talked about. But neither would give someone a practice that could bring up so much upheaval that it would be harmful.)

The reason we work with Masters, rather than turn in YouTube and watch and listen to any meditation that you don't know the source of, or what's been put into the meditation via subliminal messages; or-- binaural beats, which in and of themselves are quite healing and beneficial, but I heard binaural beats added without permission to a multi track meditation set I have from a Master instructor. Be weary of listening to meditations where you don't know the source (the person who uploaded them).

So my point here is: Master Lin would never put you in harm's way. His meditations are benign: their intention is 100% based in being tools to help us grow.

And if you have any questions, Learning Strategies is a great place to be doing these practices as well. Plus, Jian at SFQ is always ready to answer questions.

Be at peace.

Chi and Kundalini are two different energies in the body. The meditations are also different. Anyone doing Small Universe to activate Kundalini by his or herself, without a Master/ Guru or Swami/ monk to guide them, is actually playing with fire. Not a good idea.

Enjoy your practice knowing you are protected at all times by Master Lin.

Good question, but the way. But
No worries.

Master Lin is guiding you through this process.
At all times.

Last edited by DLB; 12/13/20 01:52 PM. Reason: Typo. Clarification of idea.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved