Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86441 08/13/17 03:33 AM
OP Offline

Hi, I signed up for Feng Shui recently and am slowly making changes to my home environment.

I have an issue about where I can place my bed facing one of my good directions in my bedroom. There are 3 open wall spaces where a bed can be placed but they are all facing my worst directions, and 2 are in line with the door so directly in the path of incoming Chi. There is a built-in closet with ceiling to floor mirrors at one end of the room and placing my bed in my best directions puts the bed directly in front of the mirrors. There is also a window on the wall that faces my best direction. There is a small amount of wall space between the mirrors and the window, where I could place the bed but this causes me to be reflected in the mirror and be partially sleeping under the window.

This weekend I moved my bed to my second best direction but it is now placed almost under the window at an angle with the wall behind. The bed doesn't have a bedhead so there is no solid thing behind my head, and I'm blocking the bed reflection with 2 suitcases.

I'm unsure about what to do to rectify this issue. Any suggestions are most appreciated.

Hi,

I think the term "second-best" is a bit irritating. It has a bit other qualities than the so-called best direction but sleeping in this direction is a very good option! I find that curtains are very good to block mirrors from view. And if you can shut out the light from the window at night you should be fine, too. I would worry too much about placing the bed at an angle. Maybe you can put something solid there later. Your sleeping direction is too important. Change the bed first - it does not have to "perfect"

All the best,

Astrid

OP Offline

Hi Astrid,

Thank you for your response and advice. The position of my bed now feels good so I will look around for something better to block the mirror, and in the future get a new bed.

Point taken about using "second best".

Regards,

Lisa

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved