Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87125 01/13/18 05:53 PM
OP Offline

Hi everyone
I’ve had the PR course since they were on tapes and am out on disability and decided to finally do the thing until I get it to work. Lol I’ve seen glimpses but never stick with the PR system to entirely

I have been PR 5-10 books per day as I understand from the refresher that means to prepare and PR. Then I have been activating several small fun books also.
I am studying for a nursing exam that is in 1 month. I have the info in my mind as I am a nurse it is a review in a way but of a large amount of info, But nothing like when I took my boards. I split the review book into 4 sections with about 6 different body systems per section. Do I do I treat each Section as a book, then set the timer and do 6 /20 min sessions for it to gel? And review my purpose and questions?
I am also PR several other review books w similar content w o activating. The only issue is each of my disease processes have a symptoms, diagnosis treatments etc to identify and for me to be able to know what it is and know what to do when I see the situation that’s what I will be tested on. So how do I get all of those straight through PR? Repetition?
Any other suggestions are appreciated
Thanks so much for your time.
Sent from my iPhone

Learning Strategies Admin

Treat a subject or chapter as a book in itself. And do as many activation layers as it takes to gel for you. That might be one it might be 9. If you having trouble activating, check your purpose and questions and if they seem in order PhotoReading the textbook again. Remember to mind map, sketchnote or have some form of visual note system The more visual, the less you have to rhythmically peruse when reviewing later.

Chunk it would be the way to handle learning material best.

Alex

OP Offline

Thank you so much I tried mindmapping I liked it but found like I was writing down everything and my mind was saying that was the reason I knew the info not the PR process lol. I’ve been continuing the activation in layers with more of a curiosity and using Paraliminals as well. At times I feel super confident and very familiar w the info and other times not so much. I’ll continue to play w it.
Anyway after I watched the refresher I prepared and PR 5-10 books a day like they suggested and the funniest thing happened. My mom had Jeopardy on and I just knew the answers and was getting them all right lol. Then my friend came and asked me a trivia question and I knew the answer was monet and that was right too!
I know it was the Photoreading and playful attitude and bc I don’t have anything invested in it. Now I just need to get there w this exam too
Thanks so much for the response and all the help and support you give everyone on this forum. I’ve been trolling here for years and have read a lot of your responses I appreciate you
Melissa

You're welcome.

Keep the playful attitude when studying.

Some tips for taking the exam.

Set up your study area to mimic the exam room. Have minimal on the table. If you put your watch on the desk during your study period, do the same during the test. If you can wear the same or similar clothes. Don't listen to music, exam rooms are usually quiet. Listen to uplifting music before you enter the exam room, it help prevent you catching the pre-exam nerves. (Mozart has found to be good listening). Drink plenty of water while you're studying, keep the brain hydrated, it functions better. It's been found that 10% dehydrated knocks down your cognitive skills by 30%, 30% dehydrated you're functioning with 50%. Chewing brings oxygen to the brain. It's helpful when studying or learning to chew gum or munch on an apple.

And remember to use the tangerine technique. It works not only for PhotoReading, it helps when you're sitting for exams.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved