Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Thank you Alex for your support and suggestions. I will make a new thread with novels and textbook activation.

I keep writing my activation experience in a diary and this is what my observation is-
most of the times the information is sequentially linked. How in this case increasing activation layers will increase comprehension? because the sequence matters a lot. this makes novels and textbooks different than other books.
Thanks!

Learning Strategies Admin

The sequence is one created by you in relation to your experience and memory. Yes you might find the authors sequence useful if you have no knowledge of the subject. Still if you're activating with a purpose in mind you will fly over the information so that you pull up the information in a meaningful sequence to your purpose.

So if you are activating a novel to discover the mood of the story, you would fly through the pages dipping where it's meaningful and that way build an understanding of the overall mood. Same with Plot, location, theme and moral.

Purpose helps decide the sequence in order of importance to you.

Alex

Rapid Reading is reading from the beginning and ending at the end. It uses any and all the reading the activation techniques. It is the LAST activation approach one would consider once they have done enough activation layers and feel that they just want to check if they missed something.

The only thing that Rapid Reading (the only activation technique)has in common with traditional reading Is that this is the only time we start at the beginning of the book chapter or article and end at the end of the book chapter or article

Hi Alex, based on what you said in an earlier post (quoted above), it seems that:

- the ONLY similarity between Rapid Reading and Traditional Reading is that both start at the beginning of a book chapter/article and end at the end of the book chapter/article. So you are essentially reading everything word for word (no skipping of sentences or paragraphs from the chapter or article). Both are conscious reading and there will be sub vocalizations in both methods: Is this right?

Then how is Rapid Reading different from Traditional Reading? I supposed Rapid Reading is much faster than Traditional Reading but how do we Rapid Read correctly? I tried Rapid Reading but when I go too fast, it feels like Super Reading in the sense that nothing seems to get registered. But if I slow down, I'm pretty much back to my Traditional Reading speed.

In addition, I still don't quite get how 1. Super Read + Dip and 2. Skittering are supposed to work:

When I Super Read and Dip, it seems like I'm just scanning the page for the trigger words that I identified (Super Read) and then dipping in to read the sentences before and after the trigger word I located. So, from my understanding about Super Reading, it seems that my mind is just focused on finding the trigger words in my list and other details (aka the rest of the paragraph are not consciously registered. The only time information is consciously registered is when I DIP IN and consciously READ those sentences around my trigger words. However, sometimes a concept is explained over a few paragraphs or a few pages. By Super Reading + Dipping, I find myself not understanding the concept at all. ESPECIALLY when there are many technical terms or phrases.

This is an example of how I do it: [img]https://imgur.com/dvRW6CF[/img]

Is this because I'm doing this whole Super Reading and Dipping thing wrongly?

Next, I tried Skittering. Again, I'm not sure if I'm doing correctly or not because I don't seemed to understand much at the end of the activation. When I test my comprehension, the results were less than ideal. Here's how I do it:
1. From the index or table of contents, I will locate the sections to read
2. I use Traditional Reading to read the first and last sentences in each paragraph of my selected reading section
3. I Skitter the sentences in between in a rapid zig-zag fashion but the words do not register consciously in my mind (please see attached picture)
[img]https://imgur.com/kQcOTiM[/img]

Again, what am I doing wrongly?

Last edited by celebrian; 02/09/18 05:07 PM. Reason: wrong formatting

Activate in Layers work in 20 minute blocks (some will go 30 and I recommend no longer)

Also, I see that you have mentioned about activating in layers several times. Can you please elaborate further? Do you have a protocol to guide me through this process? This is because I'm quite confused and do not quite grasp the concept of activating in layers.

Does that mean I Super Read + Dip once (selected sections of book), rest, Skitter once (selected sections of book), rest, Rapid Read once (the entire book)? Is that what is meant?

Last edited by celebrian; 02/09/18 05:14 PM. Reason: wrong formatting

- the ONLY similarity between Rapid Reading and Traditional Reading is that both start at the beginning of a book chapter/article and end at the end of the book chapter/article.
Yes. The ONLY with emphasis on only.

So you are essentially reading everything word for word (no skipping of sentences or paragraphs from the chapter or article).
No.
Both are conscious reading and there will be sub vocalizations in both methods: Is this right?
The difference between traditional reading and rapid reading: With Rapid reading you use any and all reading techniques as needed. All activation techniques and all traditional reading techniques are available to you as you rapid read. I recommend reading the subject in the PhotoReading book to get a better understanding.

Superread Run your eyes down the page look for areas that pull you in to dip. Don't waste time in dipping, Decide quickly if the information you are looking at is answering your question or not and move on. You'll see more than trigger words if you have formulated questions. Pretend you're superman searching for Lois lane and there are decoys. You think you see her, you dip, decoy? Get a move on Lois needs rescuin'. Yep, dip is when your slow poke conscious mind feels like its getting something.

Skittering, read first sentence of the paragraph then look for words that add to the meaning. Think of an ant looking for water, it starts on the usual trail then they scatter to find new paths.

Let go of Trigger words after you start activating, trigger words are just 'triggers' to build your curiosity and get you to read the book 'your way'.

If you don't 'understand much' after activation it means you started activating without a purpose and questions for the author. Look to get answers to your questions by forming questions to ask the author.

Activate in Layers work in 20 minute blocks (some will go 30 and I recommend no longer) [/quote]

Also, I see that you have mentioned about activating in layers several times. Can you please elaborate further? Do you have a protocol to guide me through this process? This is because I'm quite confused and do not quite grasp the concept of activating in layers.

Does that mean I Super Read + Dip once (selected sections of book), rest, Skitter once (selected sections of book), rest, Rapid Read once (the entire book)? Is that what is meant?

See the PhotoReading book and read and do the 5 day test from the book.

hello,I have a question, can you help me?
During Activate , can you get the information from the material that you didn't super read or dip?
If you are able to do that, can you tell how to do that?
In my opinion, the book, after reach my purpose, it still have much information that didn't related to my purpose.

Yes!

The experience is called "spontaneous activation" which tends to occur more and more often as you PhotoRead and fully activate more and more books.\

Dana

Hello,
In my opinion , the skills for Activation is just used to Stimulus neural network that builed during the third step .
Once the stimulus is enough , Activation will operate and bring more information.
Am I right?

chenxian

Last edited by Patrick O'Neil; 04/06/18 04:00 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved