Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kateyt Offline OP
OP Offline

When I evaluate the shape of my house, do I take into account the garage which is on the front left side of the house and projects in front of the house?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Is it a part of the house, and connected under the same roof? Them most likely, it will need to be included in the floor plan.

Best,

Shawn

If the garage is connected to the house and the roofline of the garage is at a different level (e.g. lower) to the roofline of the house, but the roofline of the garage is connected to the house, then should the garage be excluded from the floor plan?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again, 4space!

If a garage is connected to a house, and there is no open space between the two (i.e. a car port), it would be considered in the overall floorplan. If a birds' eye view shows it to be a continuation of the total footprint it would be included in your layout calculations.If it butts out beyond the residential portion, the question as to whether it would be included when doing your layout would depend on whether it is less or more than 1/3 of the total dimension of the face you are looking at. If it is less than a third, it would be a projection. If it is more than a third, then you would have a missing area immediately adjacent to it.

All the best!
Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for the response.

So it doesn't matter if the roofline of the garage is at a different level to the house when connected to the house when the garage has no open space?

Is the garage still included in the floorplan if there is no door going from the inside of the garage to the house?

If the garage butts out beyond the residential portion to create a projection or missing area immediately adjacent to it and there is a front door next to
the garage in the projection/missing area, i.e. the garage butts out from the front door next to it, are the stars on the front door weakened/lessened?

I will be grateful for your help.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again!

If the garage is at a completely different level than the home, it's possible that it might not be included in the footprint of the home. I would double check with two mechanisms. First of all you can muscle test and see whether it should be included.

The other thing some people do is create two separate plans, in your case one that includes the garage and one that doesn't. After you have gridded the two options, see which stars fall where and note what has been going on in your life - i.e. if you have a conflict star in the family room for one option, has there been more friction in the family than you might like? If the other grid shows a relationship/collaboration star - have things been pretty amicable?

By tracking what has been going on in the outer world, you can often get a pretty clear picture of what is going on energetically, and hence which plan to use for your feng shui.

Wendy

Thanks again Wendy,

I will use muscle testing and my dowsing rods to check. Creating two separate floor plans seems like an excellent thing to do as an extra check, so will try that too.

Thank you for all your help.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved