Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87444 04/19/18 08:06 PM
OP Offline

Hello
I'm a medical student and I want to learn PhotoReading method, but when I was looking for scientific evidence that PR works, I found a report titled "Preliminary Analysis of PhotoReading. The full report is at: (http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20000011599_2000009345.pdf.).
Author claims that "there is no benefit to using the PhotoReading technique"...(please read this report carefully)

I would appreciate it if you could guide me through it.

Best Regards,

Last edited by Amirhosein; 04/19/18 10:01 PM.

Hi Amirhosein,

The preliminary report submitted by Dr. McNamara is highly inaccurate and was in fact hidden from the developer of PhotoReading, Paul Scheele so he could never address it.

You will note that the researcher is also the test subject. In true research this invalidated the work immediately.

The PhotoReading instructor refused to participate in all of the experiment under normal research, which also would null and void the experiment.

If you can class this as research then you will find 1000’s of people have conduct their own experiment in similar veins on the PhotoReading discussion forum. The Nasa paper has also been discussed on the forum.

I have investigated numerous brain research articles since learning to PhotoReading myself and found independent evidence that the PhotoReading step is indeed a capability of the brain. It’s also evidenced by the technique of Direct Learning.

For people who look for as much proof as you can find that PhotoReading doesn’t work, mere words will never convince you otherwise.

I can point you to an equal number of documents that prove that reading doesn’t work and one cannot learn to read, because 49% of the population cannot read the instructions on a medicine bottle. Yet, that does not explain how 51% of the population can read. There is no proof that anyone can read. Just because you’re reading this is not proof. It’s a skill you opted to give time to learning.

PhotoReading is something you do. To learn it, you must try it and see. Same as those people who can sleep on nails, walk on coal, break bricks with their bare hands. Seeing them do it is not proof that you can do it. Research does not prove that the masses can do it. The only thing that can conclusively prove whether you can PhotoRead or not, is if you conduct your own experiment. It won’t prove that everyone can learn PhotoReading, it will prove whether you can or cannot.

It’s okay to be skeptical. However, skepticism unchecked can prevent you moving towards your goal.

Dana

OP Offline

Thank you very much.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved