I experience a strong resistance to tasks that will lead to closing / finishing a task or project.
I noticed this first in my consulting activity, where each time I had a final report to deliver to a client, I couldn't get to work on it until last minute, and then I would experience a 2-3 day panic state while completing it, overwhelmed by negative thoughts of the client not being satisfied withe the work.
On this specific situation, the Anxiety-free PL lowered the panic feeling significantly, but I noticed than the pattern is more general beyond this specific situation. It seems to happen for all situations with a no-return point, e.g., :
- sending the end-result of a work to someone
- responding to an e-mail (I have no problem checking them, but procrastinate responding a lot)
- taking a decision with uncertainty (or accepting that taking a decision only makes sense with uncertainty?)
I would appreciate your help on how to improve here. In particular, what do you think of the following :
1) Use anxiety-free for a broad set of situations? The PL asks to identify a "signal" that triggers the anxiety. Can I use "closing", "finishing", and "deciding" as signals or is it too abstract / vague ?
2) Use NBG-A / Break the Habit for the behaviors of "delaying decisions / closing / finishing". By the way, are these 2 PLs equivalent ?
3) Same with "awaiting certainty to act" ?
4) Use Simplicity for moderating perfectionism
5) Use Get Around to It and Auto-pilot for procrastination and avoiding some tasks in general
Thank you for help.
All the best.