Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#87632 06/26/18 05:25 PM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

My master bedroom is exactly in the South and currently has the 2018 annual relationship star on it that seems to be having a good effect for me so far.

However, when checking the 20 year cycle flying stars for the South of my Period 8 Southwest 2 property to ensure I can get my 20 year cycle Feng Shui grounded as perfectly as possible to get the best effect possible from the monthly and yearly flying star activations and cures, according to the level 3 course manual there are no 20 year cycle flying stars in the South or otherwise the area is neutral or the stars cancel each other out somehow from what I can tell and no cures or activations are required according to the level 3 manual.

However, the level 4 course manual indicates that the there is a cure required for the South area and this cure is still water, so I have used some blue items in this area, as this is a bedroom. According to the level 4 manual the flying star combination is 6-9, is negative and the divination in the level 4 manual for this combination of stars is “Fire at Heaven’s Gate”. I find this rather horrifying as my bedroom is in the South and the South is represented by the element fire, so this could enhance the Fire at Heaven’s Gate a lot and most likely part of the reason for the still water cure. In a Period 8 Southwest 1 property, Fire at Heaven’s Gate is in the North and the cure is still water even though the North is represented by water. I wonder if Fire at Heaven’s Gate is stronger in the South than in the North.

It concerns me that the chart in the level 3 manual for my Period 8, Southwest 2 property indicates there are no stars and no cures required and the level 4 manual indicates the stars in this area are negative, a cure is required and the divination is Fire at Heaven’s Gate, a big concern being in the South of my property where my Master Bedroom is. It's just as well that I have the level 4 course, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue that my bedroom has Fire at Heaven’s gate on it.

I will be grateful if someone could provide me with any suggestions on what more I can do about the Fire at Heaven’s Gate on my master bedroom and advise exactly what Fire at Heaven's gate means and the consequences of having this in an area where a person may spend a substantial amount of time, especially if it is a bedroom.

Hi 4space,

you don't need to worry about the expression "Fire at Heaven's Gate" - it is a literal translation of the original Chinese term and I can try to explain its meaning:

This star combination consists of the stars 6 and 9. The star 9 belongs to the fire element and the star 6 belongs to the metal element. The star 6 also represents the father or mentor or heaven - please be aware that this is Chinese symbolism. Fire (number 9) is able to melt metal (number 6), therefore this star combination is called Fire at Heaven's Gate. If you place still water in the South corner of your South bedroom you should be fine. According to my experience, it is even better to use earth element instead of water to calm down this combination because earth reduces fire and strenghtens metal, whereas water weakens metal and extinguishes fire. Therefore, I prefer the earth element because I am then able to leverage the good effects of star number 6.

What effects this combination MIGHT have? ... well, I think it has more effect on men than on women, it might lead to lung problems for old men, it might also lead to conflict between son and father. BUT it is usually only triggered by large poison arrows from the outside (not bookshelves on the inside). If you have a family where the father or the son or both are a bit hot-headed and have conflicts with each other, then I would definitely cure this combination.

You really don't need to be concerned - the rather drastic name derives from the elements of the stars and it is a bit exaggerated. I have this combination at home, too. And it's effect is rather small compared to the disaster stars or conflict stars. Therefore, I think Marie Diamond neglected it in the level 3 manual. The big negative effects come from the stars 2, 5 and 3 (and 7 if triggered) and it's really a good idea to cure these stars.

All the best,
Astrid

Last edited by astrid; 06/29/18 10:54 AM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi 4space and Astrid!

Thanks so much for responding and clarifying, Astrid.

As you have noticed, 4space, there are areas in the Level 3 charts with no cures or activations. That means that Marie deemed them less noteworthy at that level.

To help clarify, here is the introductory email for the Level 4 course:

Have you ever wondered what was in the "blank" squares of the Period Star Charts from Level Three of your Diamond Feng Shui course? These spaces are not devoid of energy.

These areas of your homeor workplace may not have energy strong enough to be labeled a "star," but they definitely swirl with energy and they surely affect the workings of your life. It is time that you know about it.

Now, for the first time, you will know... what is in those blank spaces... how to cure them... how to activate them... so that you can take your use of Feng Shui to a higher, more refined level.

In the Level 4 course Marie helps you finesse your practice and go deeper into the energies behind the primary stars. There is no reason to fear what you find there. The most significant impacts will have been covered in the Level 3 Course.

All the best!

Wendy Greer

4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Wendy and Astrid,

Thank you for the information. I am very grateful for you help.

I had heard or read somewhere that lots of fire colors or burning candles in the Northwest representing Heaven can have very negative consequences and is like putting Fire at Heaven's Gate and that is why I was concerned about having Fire at Heaven's Gate on my master bedroom. My trusty dowsing rods strongly indicated to cure the area with a touch of the color blue. It looks good and feels right.

The west area of my house also does not seem to have energy strong enough to be labeled a "star," the star combination is 4 7 and according to the divination this combination is negative and can cause romantic issues. Should I ignore the divination's for an area where there is not enough energy for there to be a star or stars? Even though the area definitely swirls with energy that surely affects the workings of your life?!

Also the North area of my house has an abundance star, but the divination for the 7 1 combination in the North area of my house is negative and this combination can cause relationship issues and illness according to the divination. If I combine the abundance star with the divination I would get an abundance of relationship and illness issues.

The divination's appear to be negative sometimes for an area with no stars, or even with positive stars! I am confused again! How does this work?
I will be grateful for clarity on this as I am also trying to understand and note the impact the Feng Shui of my house is having on my life.

Hi 4space,

even though Marie does not label the combination 4 7 as star - there is still energy. Number 4 is wood and number 7 is metal and as metal controls wood there is tension between these two energies. This tension can be cured. The usual cure is still water.

The number 7 is negative. The combination 7 1 is best when it's activated by a small fountain.

If you don't use a room then you don't tap into this energy. So if you don't want to activate certain energies then don't use the room if possible. If you must use this room then cure the energy combination.

Feng Shui is only activated if a person taps into the energy.

Originally Posted by 4space

I had heard or read somewhere that lots of fire colors or burning candles in the Northwest representing Heaven can have very negative consequences and is like putting Fire at Heaven's Gate and that is why I was concerned about having Fire at Heaven's Gate on my master bedroom.

Hi 4space,

Fire at heavens gate refers to an oven in the Northwest. I doubt that fire colours or candles alone will have an effect. The oven stands for nourishing the family and traditionally represents the father of the house who was the breadwinner. If the oven is located in the North West - the direction which represents the father and or heaven then the heat of the oven could burn up the father's energy. That is the story behind this combination. But I would not put too much emphasis on it - it may just be Chinese superstition. I have seen several kithchens and ovens in the Northwest sector of a house and not one triggered Fire at Heavens Gate because the father of the family was thriving.

Please relax a bit around such dramatic names, it's the Chinese way of naming things and often traditional FengShui gets mixed with superstition.

Good luck,
Astrid

4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Astrid,

Thank you so much for all the information.

I think it was Marie that talked about burning candles in the North or Northwest that caused some problems for someone. I will have to recheck my course materials.

I understand how the stars interact with each other. However, it doesn’t make sense to me when an area is indicated as having, for example, an abundance star, but the divination for the area is negative.

I do try to use only those areas that have the most positive energy and avoid those areas that have negative energy. For example everyone is banned from using the North area of my property at the moment as that is where the yearly disaster star is and there is a monthly disaster star there this month too. Next year the North has the yearly relationship star in addition to the 20-year cycle abundance star for my property, so in planning ahead, I had been intending to mostly use this area next year but the negative divination for this area puts me off a little. I would prefer to be using an area that has positive stars and a positive divination. I am limited in doing this as this seems to occur where my bathroom and kitchen are, anyway, I have activated these areas by placing the activation's in the appropriate place in my living room.

Also, my master bedroom will have the yearly conflict star on it next year, so next year I am planning to move into the smaller bedroom in the East that will have the flying star 6 abundance/windfall star on it but this room also for my property has the 20 year cycle conflict star and I want to do whatever I can to avoid spending any time in any area that has any type of conflict star, as in the past I seem to have experienced issues caused by the conflict star. It was always on my bedroom in a few places I lived in previously. I have also been considering sleeping in the North area next year where the annual relationship star will be, but this area is part of the living room.

What to do???

Hi 4space,

When you say divination what do you mean? In Chinese metaphysics this term has nothing to do with dowsing rods.

If you use your dowsing rod to check if an area is good for you or not then there may be another reason for it that has nothing to do with stars.

I think that you don't have to be afraid of the stars. If you place your cures and avoid major renovations in disaster star areas you should be fine.

The annual disaster star is in my living room this year - do I avoid this area completely? No. I placed my cure and I use my living room daily. I have been fine so far. If I see any negative impacts then I place a bigger cure.

From my experience, it is more important to sleep in a good direction and to face a good direction. Place a cure for the stars and take care that you sleep in general in an area with good stars (you don't have to move your bedroom because of the yearly stars, just place your cure).

If North is a good direction for you, you can, of course, sleep there. From my experience, the compass school (4 good directions) is most important. Then cure the negative stars and activate the positive. Do the same with the yearly stars.

Please be aware that the contents of this Feng Shui course are very basic and simplified. There is more to Feng Shui than that. And you really don't need to fret about the stars if you place your cures.

Originally Posted by 4space

I think it was Marie that talked about burning candles in the North or Northwest that caused some problems for someone. I will have to recheck my course materials.

Hi 4space,

It's difficult to say if burning candles can trigger Fire at Heaven's Gate without having all the details such as floor plan, house facing, period of the house, gua number of the person, yearly stars etc. It depends. If you ask an Asian Feng Shui master a Feng Shui question this is the most likely answer you get shocked

In the end you have to test it yourself. Not all formulas out there actually work (you're safe with Diamond Feng Shui, don't worry. But there is a lot of other stuff out there). And somtimes you have to check it. Place a cure and test it.

All the best,
Astrid

Last edited by astrid; 07/07/18 10:04 AM.
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Astrid,

According to the level 4 course manual, divination is an indication of what you might attract from the 81 different combinations of the Mountain and Water Stars and a description of all these are all listed in the level 4 manual. Nothing to do with dowsing or dowsing rods! In my course notes I have from when I did a Feng Shui course in the house of Master Boon Yap, daughter of the late Grand Master Yap Cheng Hai, who I think may have been one of Marie's teachers, interestingly, the description for the 6-9 combination is son against father, poison arrows from the adjacent environment causes “Fire burning the Heavenly Gate”, contest against authority etc. and for the 4-7 the description is arguments and marital problems. I don't have any poison arrows from the adjacent environment.

Ok, found it! In the level 1 course, Marie mentions the fire element in the Northwest can cause problems as fire melts metal and this is putting “Fire at Heaven’s Gate”. Marie also tells the story of a lady burning blue candles in the North caused the lady lack of focus and anxiety. The fire from the candle overwhelmed the blue water color of the candle. The fire element is quarantined from the North and Northwest of my property.

My experience over the years is the stars usually effect in the minimum time it takes to be affected by them so I do what I can to avoid the negative stars and star combinations etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved