Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87657 07/23/18 05:43 AM
pani Offline OP
OP Offline

I have some questions regarding mindmapping technical books mostly....

1.Can i mindmap just after 20 minute activation or do i have to wait a bit?
2.Should i mindmap information from my memory or should i copy from the text directly looking through them? What i mean by this is after few 20 minute activation do i have to close the book and fill the mindmap from whatever pops up in my mind or i can simply just look through the book and fill the map?
3.What are some efficient or recommended way to activate and mindmap?

Thank you

pani #87658 07/23/18 05:34 PM

You can mind map immediately after your activation pass.Or, you could wait a bit. I would recommend mind mapping right away after each pass.

It would be better to first, probe your mind for all the details you connected with at a conscious level during SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering and Dipping. Then, add branches of key words/phrases to your mind map from what you remember from that particular activation pass. This will cause your inner mind to reconstruct and strengthen the memory thread that was created when you first Dipped into that particular detail.

When you are SuperReading & Dipping, or Skittering & Dipping during activation, your inner mind will intuitively guide you to be attracted to different portions of text. That's when you know to Dip in, and glide across the top half of the words from left to right, getting the meaning of the words faster then you would have a change to slow down and subvocalize..

So, feel free to "Dip" into dozens and dozens of places during each activation pass. Each time you Dip, you're connecting your conscious mind with the places in your non-concious mind that absorbed entire pagesful of text a a page per second.

Efficiency and recommendations? As a rule of thumb, keep repeaiting the 30-minute activation passes until the entire book "GEL's up in your conscious mind. Sometimes, you may have 4 or 5 activation passes, feeling like you aren't getting anything. Then, all the entire book comes together a a conscious level, and you comprehend it at the level that satisfies your purpose for reading. And, you will have spend 1/3rd to a 1/10th of the time it would have taken you to get the same comprehension level with regular slow reading and study.

And, set time aside to go back and review your Mind Maps. Each key word and phrase on your Mind Map becomes a trigger for your inner mind to bubble up all the relevant information associated with the word or phrase. Each time the additional details surfaces up in your conscious mind, you are reconstructing and strengthening a new memory thread!

pani #87659 07/23/18 10:18 PM
pani Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Dana Hanson for the quick reply......that answered a lot of my questions.

I have few more questions and the book i'm using now is a "General Knowledge" book packed with lot of information with only a little to discard.So i'm using the activation technique "Rapid Reading". Is that the correct way to activate these kind of books?

Also during activation should i just read through the book for 30 minutes without re-reading and trying to learn OR i should learn each info by re-reading the same sentenced again and again?
What i actually doing as of now was, i rapid read the text quickly without re-reading and after 4 activations i can recall some of the information to mindmap,but only from the first sections of the rapid read activation section.For example i rapid read a particular chapter for 20 minutes and after 4 or 5 activations i can only recall what i rapid read in the first 5 minutes.Should i cut down the activation time to 5 to 10 minutes or am i doing something wrong? (Or the book GELs after a lot more activation of 20 30 minutes?

(Forgive me, English is not my First Language....I hope i'm explaining well)

Thank you

pani #87660 07/24/18 08:05 PM

One of the best ways to Activate is to approach the book or material, knowing within the first few 30-minute Activation passes you will be assembling the structure of the entire book very very quickly at a conscious level..Add a layer of branches with key words and phrases from each of the chapter titles you wish to activate/comprehend more fully.If the book is highly detailed, consider

As a rule of thumb, the higher the level of comprehension you want, the more 30-minute Activation passes you will have, as well as with material you may not have much of any previous exposure to.

Your question about Activating by going right into Rapid Reading ... you can do that...but you would be served better by having a few passes with SuperReading and Dipping, or Skittering with Dipping. This will assemble the foundation and structure first. Make sure to add a layer of branches to your Mind Map for each activation pass.

What level of comprehension are you going for with this book? And, how many pages is it?

pani #87662 07/25/18 05:32 AM
pani Offline OP
OP Offline

The book has 1360 pages highly detailed with lots of chapters.The book is for a competitive exam. I don't want 100% comprehension....70% is what i'm hoping to achieve. I have almost a year to prepare before the exam.

My purpose is "Learn this book "BOOK NAME" in detail according to the "SYLLABUS" so that i can recall all the important information,facts and dates to answer any questions on the future and in upcoming exams".

The reason why i'm rapid reading is i'm afraid of losing any important information. Rapid reading gives me comfort that i'm reading through everything.

Also i have a question about using glasses during photoreading step. I have myopia (small power) and when i use glasses,the blip page is not very easy to maintain and the text is always very blurry. When i don't use glasses the blip page is very easy to achieve and maintain, the text seems less blurry (sort of clear),I could even read words inside the blip, also less discomfort for eyes.I feel like my eyes are very relaxed without glasses during this step.
Should i use glasses or not?

Thanks a lot for helping me earlier.

pani #87663 07/25/18 03:24 PM

You'll make the most progress building comprehension by having 2 or 3 Activation passes through the entire book beginning to end, to get the gist of the whole book and a little bit about each chapter, And, create a mind map from those activation passes.

Then,. go back to the beginning and fully activate each chapter, one chapter at a time. Treat each chapter as a book in itself. Fully activate each chapter one at a time, and create a mind map for each chapter, for putting the information into your long-term memory.. Periodically review all of your mind maps, which will strengthen how quickly you reconstruct those new memory threads into your conscious mind.

With glasses, Paul Scheele says to go with whichever makes you more confortable, with or without.

The words can appear blurry or crystal clear as you flip a page per second. Each eye takes in a clear picture of each page when you're using Photofocus. The key is to keep your awareness on the outside white margins around the text and use the 4-3-2-1 chant, so you maintain using the "rod vision" in your cornea, which allows you to absorb all the patterns of text on each page directly into your non-conscious mind.

Last edited by Dana Hanson; 07/25/18 06:58 PM. Reason: Add detail.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved