Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87728 11/08/18 06:12 PM
OP Offline

Hi everyone,
This has been asked before, but in a different way . . . I wan to practice with photoreading but I want concrete feedback on how well I'm doing.

One idea I came up with is finding textbooks with review questions for each chapter, then photoread each chapter and check comprehension with those questions and see how things improve over time. I know I can just buy a bunch of textbooks, but that can be a bit expensive and wanted to find out if anyone knows of any resources online that can facilitate this idea? I've found a couple sites, with text and review questions but the length of the text and material wasn't very long (as in a few paragraphs).

The other question is does this really matter at this stage, being a beginning PR-er? Is it more important to focus on the process and not so much on comprehension?

Thanks!

Hi.

Well to start with you being a beginning photoreader should not try to master photoreading on textbooks. It has been said many times on this forum do not try to learn photoreading on school textbooks. So learn and master photoreading on non-school books simple books books that don't have a grade attached to them. An example could be a self help book. So go to a library find 20 simple books and learn how to master activation with the simple books. Master prepare purpose mind-probing questions superread and dip skittering and mindmapping with the simple books. If 20 simple books is not enough then do 50 simple books mastering the activation techniques. When you really feel confident that you have mastered the techniques then go use photoreading on the textbooks but don't do it until you feel you have thoroughly mastered the processes.

I would say just do it. What I see happening with you is interfering with you learning anything. How do you expect to learn a subject or text if you are constantly focusing on wondering if you are doing the techniques correctly it becomes a major distraction and interferes with learning.

Remember before you could learn how to run you first had to learn how to walk and before you first learned how to walk you had to learn how to crawl. So don't have the expectation that right away you are going to photoread and activate a complex textbook when you haven't even photoread and activated a simple book successfully yet.

Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved