Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for uses of the paraliminals for codependency in a relationship? I looked at positive relationships, but I couldn't figure out a clear way to use it for codependency. I also looked at New Behaviour Generator, but again, I couldn't find a clear way. I guess the trouble with codependency is that it is a 'compound' issue. The person who is struggling with it cannot point necessarily to a specific behaviour they are 'doing'.

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Hypnolad!

Anyone who purposefully advances or contributes to a co-dependent relationship would probably benefit from the “Self-Esteem Supercharger, Belief, Finding Treasure” and “Gratitude.”The more recognition there is of your own perfection, the less interest there will be in perpetuating co-dependency.

Remember that paraliminals are driven by a clearly stated intention, so if you build the desired outcome, based on how you would ideally want the relationship to be, i.e. open, respectful, compassionate, etc. into that intention, you can use both paraliminals you mentioned to good effect.

All the best!
Wendy Greer

Hello Wendy

Please may I ask how does one then address the compulsive needy & clingy behavior which comes with codependcy? Or is that something else? 😬

Thank you 😊

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again!

Are you speaking of your own behavior or that of someone else? If it's your own, build a component into your intention that incorporates free and easy, open ended, flowing communication and connections (or whatever it is that you are seeking instead of "compulsive needy and clingy behavior," when using the paraliminals you choose.

Wendy

Hi Wendy

Thank you, yes It seems to be.
I could use thar intention best by using Positive Relationships paraliminal?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi again IPC33!

Use it with whatever paraliminal(s) you think are most pertinent and appropriate.

Wendy

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved