Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87768 01/22/19 06:02 PM
OP Offline

Hello,
I have found myself to be engaging in a lot of day dreaming while I study for my exams in school... I kinda keep thinking and visualising incidents about the past, or make incidents which might happen in the future, and spend a lot of time wasting like this, thinking about nonsense. My focus while I study is totally low and my mind drifts away all the time when I study.... Which paralim can help me conquer this problem?

Thanks in advance
-HR

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi HarinathRavi!

I would probably use "Focus and Concentration, Letting Go" and/or "Power Thinking" before studying.

One other consideration might be to do a "brain dump" before you start to study. Simply verbalize or write down what is on your mind, so you get it out of your system. If some of what arises seems to be part of a "to do" list, reassure your conscious and other than conscious mind that you will deal with the "to do's" when you are done studying. However, for now you are setting aside this time for the sole purpose of studying the materials at hand.

Sometimes that simple reassurance can make all the difference!

Wendy Greer

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved