Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87796 02/19/19 10:41 AM
Sapiens Offline OP
OP Offline

I use the X technical because I don’t see the blip page.
Do I have to practice with the X technical or can I do all the steps of the system directly?
In time, will I also be able to see the blip page?

Sapiens Offline OP
OP Offline

During the photoreading step I use the X technique because I don’t see the blip page. Before moving on to the next system step, do I still have to practice this technique or not?
In the future, will I also be able to see the blip page?

If you can hold your two index fingers together and look through them seeing a small cocktail weenie then you'll have no problem performing the photofocus by seeing the "blip" page.

Think of it like this the cocktail weenie exercise only takes a second to do and a good way to demonstrate that you can relax your focus as if you're seeing through the object in front of you.

As far as the blip page goes, the same principle applies when trying to achieve photofocus as you're performing the Photoreading step. For me, the best way I achieve photofocus during the Photoreading step is by looking at the center of the book between the page flaps and pretend as if I had Superman's X-ray vision. From there you'll see the imaginary "blip" page and with a little practice you'll be able to remember how to hold and maintain this photofocus as you're flipping pages during the Photoreading step.

You can do the imaginary x technique but that and the blip page technique produce essentially the same thing. I find it far easier to focus on the "blip" while turning pages quickly while seeing all the edges/corners of the book.

Hey i've been there while trying to learn this step at first. It can be a little tricky at first but once you get it..you'll see that the Photoreading step is by far the easiest step in the system. It's the activation part where folks have the most questions and struggle at. I have at times. But I think where I had to and still need to improve is limiting the amount of time when I activate down to 20-30 minutes and commit to sticking with building habit. Because I tend to fall into old habit sometimes and read from start to finish and then answer questions. ugh..

In all honesty, the Photoreading book has everything you need whether it's the 3rd or 4th edition. Even though today they teach it by the steps of the 4th edition. I've been to the seminar back in 2003, completed the home study course, read the book countless times over the years just to understand in depth how to perform the techniques, and even watch videos from youtube. I feel like it works..I used it for AP U.S History project back in summer of '03 going into senior year high school and did fine. Used in for a history final exam term paper in which required text was around 800-1000 pages just to only answer 3 required essay questions from the book. It saved me time from reading a book from start to finish which I was never going to do and allowed me to come up and prepare the necessary notes I needed to write my term paper.

So yeah, I think this system does work..My problem was like many on here were with self doubts, not being consistent with using the system in which I use on and off over the years, not being mindful as to how much time to commit to activation after photoreading and postviewing and etc. I think the key thing here is like they say in the book is notice it, own it, play with it and stick with it or NOPS formula. Disclaimer, just to put it out there....I'm not an employee, sponsored or paid by learning strategies. I'm someone who has used this system over the years, had my doubts at times who wondered if it worked, seen some positive results, and still struggle at times in using the system on a consistent basis. Currently, I'm using the Photoreading to learn computer programming by going the self taught route. It's been slow for me to get through the material at times but nonetheless still effective. Now, I just gotta modify how much time that I spend on using the various activation techniques when it comes to solving problems and answering questions along with keeping firm to specific time commitments that will allow me or keep me motivated to get through each book or chapter as fast as possible.

Also, consider calling a Photoreading coach. They have been helpful to me at times over the years and should be useful in explaining the concepts and techniques in better detail or ways the book or forums doesnt.

Well anyways, good luck!!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved