Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi All:
I would like to know if I should go through this course more then four times as
Paul Scheele in this blog?
I am adult with high function autism I have been doing this course for alog time and still seem to get know whare with it!!

How to learn best from one of our courses
by Paul Scheele
You’ll get the most from any of our personal learning courses when you go through it four times. It may seem like a lot, but based on how the human brain works, it is the absolute best and ultimately the easiest way to develop the expertise you want.
You’ll be building awareness during the first time through, moving toward familiarity with the second, accumulating knowledge and skills in the third, and developing expertise in the fourth. It is a natural progression that gives you the most benefit.

Chris, going through the PhotoReading course four times is sufficient. You know the system. Time to just apply the process to your reading materials. You might want to approach books with the exercise in the PhotoReading book on page 71: "Take the five-day test".
All the best!
Patrick

Hi Chris,

How are you measuring your success with the system? What's your ultimate purpose for reading the or any book? That question is brilliant.

The 5 day test works great. The key being, each time you come to activate it. Ask new and more questions of the material. Activate the material in different ways, don't just stick with super reading and dipping.

I remember I thought I knew about post viewing for example, yet, I kept asking questions about it. My understanding and APPLICATION of it was much better the 5 time I went through the material.

Search the forum for what others have written about applying the system for 3-5 months. PhotoReading each day 5-10 books. This has been a game changer. You have to activate at least 1 book a week.

Read topics that interest you, but you don't need a hard and fast test.

If you're expecting answers to just pop into your head when needed, that happens only have you have spent time with the whole process on multiple books.

I went to a quiz recently and PhotoRead all the books I could on quizzing, I was expecting an answer to just come to me. This I realize was the wrong approach. If the quiz master had asked a question specifically from one of the books, I'm sure I would have got the answer. Yet a better approach would have been to read general knowledge books and topic books.

Quizzes are all made up of topic areas. Next time I'm going to PhotoReading around topic areas, not Q and A books.

I now read topic areas that I want to learn about and apply the information to my own life. That's when "answers" or ideas pop into my head.

A recent purpose was to read this book so that I can learn the thoughts, strategies and beliefs of X so that I can apply them to my own life. The some time later, I was about to do something and That's not what X would do. Popped into my head. This stopped me in my tracks.

At work I PhotoRead lots of software books/manuals (physical and pdf) (Prepare, PhotoRead, sometimes preview and postview) books that I want in my unconscious mind.

Using the software at work is all part of my activation process. The books all have exercises in them, I use them. I've not had an aha moment because of the PhotoReading step specifically. However it will happen.I'm not fussing when because I'm working with the software and getting to know it anyway.

D

OP Offline

Hi all :

When I close my eyes I get visit images of the photo reading book did not really clear but I'm getting something when I close my eyes I just need to get more clarification when I turn the pages and just look at the white pages and then eventually put into my subconscious I think I just need to get used to my brain communicating to subconscious and conscious mind and never had used it that way before is a challenge for me because I'm my autism but when I do the photo reading it goes past the regular conscious mind subconscious mind and then need time to incubate and process that information. Time will tell when activating the materials later on. Thank you all for your help and advice in the Photoreading program.

Hi Chris,

I want to share a story with you that I think will help you and encourage you. The story is true and actually happened

Doctor Ben Carson who is a renowned and famous brain surgeon who has done brain surgeries on babies was having a conversation with a young lady who was going to college and he asked the young lady how things were going. The young lady shared that her grades were suffering and she was suffering as well because she was having these constant headaches and she could not concentrate or focus on school because of the constant headaches. So Doctor Ben Carson performed brain surgery on her and he removed half of her brain. Today this young lady is excelling and I believe she was well on the path to graduating from college. Imagine that Chris this young woman has half of her brain removed and remarkably and astonishing how her brain recovered and adapted. Chris I know you have a issue with autism but the point of the story is that if this young lady goes from failing in school because of constant headaches and has brain surgery and then succeeds and excells in school you can also succeed even with the challenges you face. Photoread4me.

Last edited by photoread4me; 03/22/19 11:19 PM.
OP Offline

Hi everyone

Yes we do have charges each and everyday. My challenge it's because of my high functioning autism. Sometime stops me. I'm moving ahead I have to push myself even in education I motivate myself to push forward. I have enrolled myself in meditation for beginners I got Kindle books as well as getting the CDs it should be here shortly also I just ordered double your reading speed by Paul Sheele it should be here next week
The problem I'm having right now is not relaxing enough I cannot relax my mind enough in order to sustain a positive Focus on what I am anticipating and doing.
I am starting to take steps in order to do the photo reading program.
With the beginners meditation to help me get clear and quiet on my mind so I can Focus.
From time to time I do get flashbacks when I close my eyes and seen the photo reading book and the images of Einstein.
Another problem that I have is purpose I don't understand purpose?
Having trouble with understanding words in their meaning.

These are to help me with the photoreading course

I have also order Mindfulness: Mindfulness for Beginners – How to Live in the Moment, Stress and Worry Free in a Constant State of Peace and Happiness (Mindfulness, Meditation) Kindle Edition
And

Guided Meditation for Beginners
Guided Meditation (Artist) Format: Audio CD

And
A Meditation to He with Concentration, Focus and Learning, for ADD, ADHD and LD- Guided Imagery and Affirmations to Successfully Sustain Focus on a Task or Intended Goal
Belleruth Naparstek (Performer) Format: Audio CD

And
Meditation: Meditation for Beginners - How to Relieve Stress, Anxiety and Depression and Return to a State of Inner Peace and Happiness (How to Meditate, ... for Beginners, Mindfulness Book 1) Kindle Edition

Sincerely yours
Christopher Cortise

Last edited by chris cortise; 03/26/19 04:40 PM.

Hi Chris,

Chris you keep focusing on your issue with autism. Chris there are many people who have a issue with autism that have become very successful. These successful people who overcame autism did not let autism dictate their destiny in life they found a way to be very successful and they overcame their challenges became successful and you Chris can do the same thing.

Frankly Chris you act like you are asking for permission to fail. Chris you can become a very successful photoreader but it is a choice and a decision that you must make.

There are people who have won the Nobel prize who have autism, there are famous actors and famous singers who overcame autism.

So Chris stop using autism as an excuse to fail at photoreading. You probably have had successes that you did not acknowledge. Stop focusing on what you decide you can't do instead make a conscious decision to focus on what you can do.

Purpose. Chris imagine you are going to buy a brand new car. The car has almost everything body, transmission, suspension air conditioning, seats,steering wheel, windows,doors, heater radio cd player mp3, headlights, taillights, brakes there is only one huge problem. The car has NO ENGINE. Chris how do you expect to drive a car with NO ENGINE!!!!! Trying to use the photoreading system with no purpose is like trying to drive a car with no engine. It will not work.

Purpose comes down to what are you going to do with the information from the book. So you can do what???? What are you going to do with the information from the book so you can do what??? When you know what you are going to do with the information from the book you have established your purpose.

Being in the relaxed accelerated learning state is as simple as taking a deep breath hold it and then releasing it. I believe you can go overboard with meditation. While meditation has its benefits something as simple as taking in a few deep breaths can get you to the relaxed state optimal for learning without having to become a guru or expert on meditation.

Photoread4me

Last edited by photoread4me; 04/01/19 02:20 AM.
OP Offline

My goal is to learn on how the brain thinks

I'm reading a book teaching for the two sided mine it's a guide to right brain and left brain education by Linda Williams This book That I am reading Is teaching aboutHow to teach teachers to teach children to useThe left side of the brain as well as the right side of the brain. It is teaching Different techniques to use.So thatThe childrenCan useBoth side of their brain in LearningDifferent subjects. I'm doing to five day test I'm doing each Layer So I can understand the material much better. I am also reading accelerated Learning techniques for students.
I have also been reviewingYouTube videos of People demonstrating the photo reading And getting a better understandingOn The process Of the photo reading. I'll send you more results as I go through the book
Please keep in touch thank you.
Christopher Cortise

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved