Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
gecko66 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello SFQ people,

Maybe a strange question, but is it bad to sweat alot during qigong practice?

It gets pretty darn hot where I live, and when I do the active exercises in summer (particularly with bent legs) I tend to sweat quite a bit.

I intuitively feel that the active exercises are better for me than the meditations, but find myself less inclined to want to do them in the summer months due to the sweating.

A previous style of qigong I did had some cautions about doing qigong in front of a fan/air con.

Just wondering if any one has any advice/tips for practicing in the hotter months?

Thanks kindly.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

It can definitely be a sweaty experience in warm weather and more so the more you bend your knees. The sweating is a good thing, but I get what you are saying.

The main thing is not to be chilled during or right after doing qigong. if a fan is blowing it's okay if it's not causing a chill and I recommend facing into it unless it's pointing away from you.

Much Love,

Shawn

gecko66 Offline OP
OP Offline

Many thanks for your insights Shawn, not just on this post, but on this forum in general.

I also live in the hot country of Turkey. I recently moved to a new apartment, I am still getting used to the climate and the country. Recently, I started getting to know qigong. So far, I'm just starting, but I was also curious about exercising in the heat, whether it is possible to use cooling. Thanks for the advice!

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Read my previous reply, turk52.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved