Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88116 02/04/20 07:22 PM
OP Offline

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. I introduce myself, I am an italian student and I recently bought the book about photoreading. I am trying the method but I cannot see the blip page and imaging a cross from the corner of the pages, it distracts me. Can I just use a gentle and not focused view to photoread? I was last day in the library and I was looking for a book, so I checked online in the system and it was written the section of the library with the number of the shelf. I got there but the book it wasn't there, when I was going out of the room, suddenly, without thinking, I crouch down and took the exact book from the shelf without even looking at it, it was three shelf away from the location pointed by the computer and it was in a place where I hadn't looked for. This is to say, apart from the fact that the system does work, that I wasn't in a photofocus state but I was just relaxed. Can I use this state to photoread? Cause it's kinda obvious that in this state my eyes can see much more and my brain can work and take decisions. Sorry for my English, I know it's not perfect, and thank you to anyone willing to answer.

Greetings!
During the PhotoReading step, you want to avoid regular reading text as much as possible. Just do the relaxed flipping of pages with your initial focus in the middle of the book, keeping an eye on the white space instead of the print. It is okay if you never see the blip page.
Have fun with it!

OP Offline

Originally Posted by Patrick O'Neil
Greetings!
During the PhotoReading step, you want to avoid regular reading text as much as possible. Just do the relaxed flipping of pages with your initial focus in the middle of the book, keeping an eye on the white space instead of the print. It is okay if you never see the blip page.
Have fun with it!

That's great! thank you for the fast answer, you can bet I will have fun laugh

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved