Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Doc Offline OP
OP Offline

Because the Holosync tones are in the lower frequencies, I've been using my equalizer to boost the bass. Recently I've begun to wonder whether the recordings aren't already optimally engineered so that a flat equalization (or none?) would be better. Can anyone answer, please?

Thanks!
Doc

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Doc!

We forwarded your question to Centerpointe and here is their response:

We recommend leaving bass boost features off, both because they don't help and also because in some cases they can cause distortion on the low end which is not good for the Holosync signal.

Sometimes the reason behind this question is that people think they need to audibly hear the Holosync hum in order for it to work so they boost the bass. As you know, Holosync will work fine even if you're not audibly detecting it.

Short answer: it's best to keep a relatively flat eq setting for Holosync and not over boost the low end.

All the best!
Wendy Greer

Doc Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks so much, Wendy!

That was the conclusion I'd come to after a little experimentation. I really appreciate having Centerpointe confirm it and you following up with me.

Thanks again,
Doc

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved