Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

I preview for about 10 seconds because i photoread on my kindle tablet. And I cant look at my clock and photoread as it's impossible on the kindle and i was using a printed book looking at the clock would make reading hard. I only use the table of contents to collect trigger words as reviewing takes up a lot of my time and I'm not sure if I should review everything including copyright this usually takes me twenty minutes if I did it all. And also when I do try to collect trigger words from the pages of chapters no words seem special or pop out at me. I only write down two questions one relating to the trigger words and the second saying "what else do I need to know" i can't remember the questions I ask when activating. When activating i super read and dip but no pages or senteces seem to call out to me or seem special to me. Also I don't have markers or large paper to make mind maps.

I've photoread about 100 books activated about 30 or them remember at least 15-17.

I'd like to get better may you give me advice? Also i consider myself a scanner or a renaissance soul as termed by authors.

Thank you for your post, impressive with you're being at 100 books with PhotoReading!

Here are tips to improve your results:

1. When Previewing in step 2, plan to go for and gather up to a dozen key words and phrases, spending no more than 2 minutes. You'll always be able count on getting key words/phrases from each of the chapter titles, and any bold or italicized words,which intuitively seem to carry the bulk of the meaning and content on the page. Gather up those words, without looking for meaning or definition...you'll build those connections during step 5 Activation.

2. In step 4 Postviewing, write down each question you create with your trigger words and phrases. You should have anywhere from 5-10 questions going into each 30-minute activation pass.As you begin crafting several or more Postviewing questions for each activation pass, you'll notice a nice improvement in how much more your inner mind will intuitively guide you to be attracted to the portions of text which contain answers to your questions.

3. Add a layer of branches to your Mind Map from each activation pass with key words and phrases. And, periodically review your Mind Maps. Each time you move through your Mind Map, you will reconstruct and strengthen all of those new memory threads, giving you better and better access to those details in the future.

4. For the next 30 days, Prepare and PhotoRead 7-10 books each week, and each week go back and fully activate 1-2 of those books. "Fully Activate" means you keep repeating the 30-minute activation passes until you reach that point where the entire book "GELS," and you achieve the comprehension and understanding of what the author is trying to provide you. And, you will have spent 1/3rd to 1/10th of the amount of time it would have normailly taken with regular slow reading and study to achieve the same comprehension.

Let us know how that works for you.

Dana

Last edited by Dana Hanson; 10/04/18 07:02 PM.
lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you.

Interesting tips from Dana!

Does the term 'gel' mean there is a point when the comprehension skyrockets and the reader no longer wishes to spend more time with the book? I have read many times on the forum that this 'gel' effect usually occurs within 4-5 seconds and comprehension shoots up from about 40 % to about 90%?

Also, if this 30 min passes strategy applied on fiction, do they 'gel' as well, like non-fiction?

Thanks and Regards
Cosmo

The "GEL" effect, on a typical book around 200 pages, with a comprehension goal of 75%-85%, can occur within 4-5 Activation passes, not 4-5 seconds.

We use the term "GEL" to describe the point where, you have when you've spent enough time manually activating the information, it all comes together at a conscious level, and you experience it at a level that's normally difficult to get to with regular slow reading.

Sometimes, the entire book GELS, and you consciously recognize you comprehend it at a level that satisfies your purpose for reading. Or, you'll know where you want to go back in and activate more details with Rapid Reading.

Other times, you may have 4 or 5 30-minute activation passes, and still feel like you're not getting anything. But then, on one of the next activation passes, the whole book will begin to GEL.

And the best part, you will have spent a 1/3 to 1/5 of the time you would have normally spent with regular slow reading, and you achieve better comprehension with improved retention.

With fiction, you probably wouldn't want to spoil the storyline by activating the entire story from beginning to end, in layers from whole-to-parts. For pleasure reading, you will want to Prepare & PhotoRead the book the night before you plan to go through it. Then, the next day go right into Rapid Reading from beginning to end. You'll find your speed will fluctuate quite a bit, as you flow through the text. And your mental imagery is greatly enhanced.

Dana

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

I haven't been following this advice. And it showed as most books I've photoread hasn't gel'd for me. Accept recently I've mind mapped a book and felt more knowledgeable on the subject I was reading. But I only wrote 2-3 questions and didn't follow through with asking them while activating.

I always forget the questions while activating. Should I have my questions before me while activating?

Should I ask the question I wrote and the purpose while super reading and dipping?

When I do the dipping part of super reading and dipping is it ok to skip some sentences and words
this is what I did when I read 11 books over 6 days at 20 min each? I would super read and dip the table of contents than read from there it was like I was finding something to super read and dip on every page but as I said I was skipping through.

I don't do the find the trigger words every 20 pages - while post viewing-or look for pictures or italics and questions- should I it'll take a long time like 20 minutes or more?

lupek2 Offline OP
OP Offline

Also I will start applying the original advice but I wanted to know if there's anything else I should do?

Keep in mind your purpose for reading the book throughout the process. Only seek out information that only satisfies that purpose. A purpose can change during activation. Be flexible.

It's fine to review your questions once at the start of activation. As you progress through the book, you might have additional questions that are more relevant.

It is good to skip words and sentences when dipping. You are not trying to get full comprehension at this point. Avoid getting into the trap of regular reading too much. Gently question yourself from time to time if what you are reading is relevant to your purpose.

Spend 5-10 minutes with an average size book to note 20-25 trigger words. Keep it light and easy. Avoid any worry about getting the perfect words. Make it a fun game!

The key to success with this process is keep applying some or all of the PhotoReading Whole Mind System every time you read. The more you do, the sooner you will get comfortable with it.

Enjoy your PhotoReading success!

Patrick

When Previewing in step 2, plan to go for and gather up to a dozen key words and phrases, spending no more than 2 minutes. You'll always be able count on getting key words/phrases from each of the chapter titles, and any bold or italicized words,which intuitively seem to carry the bulk of the meaning and content on the page. Gather up those words, without looking for meaning or definition...you'll build those connections during step 5 Activation.

In step 4 Postviewing, write down each question you create with your trigger words and phrases. You should have anywhere from 5-10 questions going into each 30-minute activation pass.As you begin crafting several or more Postviewing questions for each activation pass, you'll notice a nice improvement in how much more your inner mind will intuitively guide you to be attracted to the portions of text which contain answers to your questions.

Add a layer of branches to your Mind Map from each activation pass with key words and phrases. And, periodically review your Mind Maps. Each time you move through your Mind Map, you will reconstruct and strengthen all of those new memory threads, giving you better and better access to those details in

spacebar clicker Spacebar clicker is the modified version of the spacebar counter in the space bar clicker we can use even our mouse to make the hit on the spacebar. You’ll enjoy much more fun by playing with the spacebar clicker counter. As you tap your spacebar, the space bar clicker makes a score with your every click. So, let’s press the space bar as fast as you can and make an unlimited number of clicks to challenge your abilities. Since it is a very dynamic tool,

Last edited by Noradavis; 11/16/21 08:22 AM.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved