Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ennebe Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,
I see that Paraliminals Resets are quite underrepresented in this forum, so I'm going to open a thread, or more, about this interesting tool.
I'd like some advice about which paraliminal reset would be more suited for tasks that one is avoiding, not because of laziness or lack of interest, but because they generate some anxiety - e.g. you feel unsure whether you will be doing it well or not, you don't know if you'll be up to the task, and so on. Not a crippling anxiety, but one that makes you procrastinate a bit (or a lot).
So, as for the resets:
I tried Calm, but it feels forced - like telling yourself to stay calm, when you really can't do it... it generates MORE anxiety (at least in my case).
So I was wondering... would Adventurous be advisable? Like, having the courage to address a "fearsome" task
Or maybe Focus would be a better choice? As in: becoming so focused that you do not have "headspace" left for anxiety to grow and block you out of your tasks.
Thanks for you contributions!

PD I have tried Anxiety Free, which works, but I am really trying to give some use to the Resets, since they are a quick listen and maybe, a bit more direct and "to the point" as for generating behavioural changes.

Last edited by ennebe; 01/16/22 12:27 PM.
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Ennebe!

One of the reasons Paraliminals are so effective is because they are so organic and personal. You can adapt a Parliminal to your specific purpose, based on what is presenting in your life at any specific time.

Both your alternate choices sound credible, so I think the question is whether you feel your reason for avoiding tasks is more related to a subterranean fear or a lack of focus. If the two seem equally significant, I would suggest trying one for a few days and then switching. Track which one seems to have more impact and do that one consistently.
The saying "the proof is in the pudding" is very applicable to Paraliminals!

Keep in mind, as well, that what works best may change over time. Pay attention to your results, and tweak your listening sessions as needed.

All the best!
Wendy Greer

ennebe Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your answer, Wendy.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved