Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#9065 01/23/06 05:07 PM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

I got the Resiliency course a week ago. At first I was a bit disappointed because Paul Scheele was not speaking all the time. Voices are so important to me...

Then I listened to the first paraliminal in the course, and the voice of Al Siebert hit me like a ton of bricks (or ton of feathers...)!! What a voice! Wow, it made me feel sooooo gooood!! Something that I've never experienced to this extent. !! He sounds like he's been there and done that. He speaks directly to my most inner self. Hmmmm... yes.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I know that I just love listening to Al Sieberts voice. It's a pity I can't do it all the time... Or maybe I can install it in my head and have it on the background?

About the course, the idea of having opposing qualitites as a part of my self feels very appealing to me. I can be both lovely and hateful the same time. I can be lazy and hard-working, dull and interesting, motivated and procrastinating, getting there and staying at the same place... It seems I'm doing the here the homework of the course :-)

[He].2s2.2p4

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited January 23, 2006).]

#9066 01/23/06 07:18 PM

Hey,, Oxygen.
Yeah, it was one of my favorite parts too...and it fits beautifuly with Jungian "shadow work" and the natural brilliance model. And Sedona's polarity work too...

I was dissapointed at first also, with the voice. I stayed dissapointed, with the paraliminsal, because I like Pauls inflections. Oh well, the content of the course is quite good. Not my favorite paraliminals, though. I found Al's voice to overpower Pauls in those.

Hey- just a thought, don't know if it fits you. You love his voice,it is having a profound affect. WHy not model it using the Instantaneous Personal Magnetism?

vitaman

#9067 01/23/06 08:32 PM

Hi:

I'm doing Resiliency as well - just took it up again over the weekend after a three week hiatus - listened to the paraliminal three times - and have now progressed to Level II, second lesson.

Anyways, a funny thing happened . My old tape player tends to play quite a bit slower than it should, so before Xmas, listening to the tapes, Al's voice was so slow, it was like I was being hypnotised all the time (which probably really helped in some respects.) So when I started listening to the Paraliminal on the new boom-box I got myself for Xmas, his voice was somewhat different, and it threw me just a bit at first.

I actually go quite deep into state with the first paraliminal - I find it really makes me feel good afterward, and it has been most helpful these past few days in that I did manage to snap back from a rather huge slap in the face (via a nasty person on another forum), and the next part of the course helped me really make a decision with regard to just how I wanted to respond to this situation. Needless to say, I don't have a problem with Al's voice - and well, Paul's just put's me to sleep, anyways.

I really like the course, and I'm now encouraged to push forward. I tend to be a procrastinator and not finish things, so it also helps to know I'm sort of working "in class" to keep up a bit. A gentle nudge occasionally would be appreciated as well.

Cheers!
Unis

[This message has been edited by Unis (edited January 23, 2006).]

#9068 01/24/06 12:08 AM

HI Unis
Nice to hear from you!

I was a few CDs into the Genius Code when my three sale sets came, so I put that on hold. Burned through resiliency in a little over a week, over Christmas.

Early in the course, I decided to rearange the furniture in my home office, and for some reason put my old guitar in there too. (Havent played it in the last 12 years or so!) I was thinking about how much I used to love it, played every day since mid teens, and slowly stopped when I got married and had kids etc.

Picked it up a few times, realised how much I have forgotten and how weak my fingers had become, and then got to a part in the course where he tells us the importance of doing the things we love, continuously, regularly. I resolved to get back into music once again.

I credit the resiliency course for this, for rediscovering music as my "soul food"

Lots of other benefits have come from it, too. FOr example, I am far less bothered by my hyper-critical boss.

SO, while they werent my favorite paraliminals, the course has had great, great value.

#9069 01/24/06 02:26 AM

Wow, this looks like a really good program.

Now, if only it were on CD. I have such bad luck with tapes--either the tapes get gnarled up and become unuseable, or the tape player conks out--especially the battery ones. (I can't use anything with batteries for long--for some reason, they always conk out on me. I don't even have a laptop for that reason.)

#9070 01/24/06 08:35 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all, and thanks for responses! It's nice to know so many people are doing the course.

Jeanne, my course is on cds. I guess they still do have cds. I ordered mine in december.

Vita-man, a good suggestion! Do you happen to have more such good ideas?

Unis, now you are making me envy you. hearing that voice even slower and lower.... Mmmmmm. I would love it even more! I don't know how to make my cd player play slower I guess I'll have to do with my imagination!

I'm going easy on myself going through the course the first time. There are some excercises I can't yet make myself to do. Still, lots of things are happening. Today I listened to the good child cd. Immediately I found an image of my parents in front of me to right. Thay were there anxious and tight, trying their best to make me behave. Oh s*it. I still don't know how to get rid of them, beause I once sent them away, and they came back. I seem to have a habit of asking from them can i do this, what is the right way, etc., and I myself bring them back. I guess I'll have to build a new strategy for asking advice in my mind. This current strategy only makes me stuck. Also I noticed a feeling of anxiety connected to what people want from me in my work. The feeling was distinctively originating from my father, I was imitating his response to other people wanting something from him. (other people? who exactly?) (something? what specifically?)

I seem to have a lot to do. ...

[He].2s2.2p4

[This message has been edited by Oxygen (edited January 24, 2006).]

#9071 01/24/06 08:46 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Unis, something in your post caught my eye.. You wrote "I did manage to snap back from a rather huge slap in the face". There is something important to me. Don't yet know what.

#9072 01/24/06 08:52 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Yeah, it is "slap in the face". My upper front teeth started hurting and my nose also. Like someone had actually slapped me in the face. (Someone? Who specifically?) (How do you know?)

[He].2s2.2p4

Edit. it was not actually slap. It's only teeth and nose, not upper lip. More like I hit my teeth and nose to the floor or a door.

I'm just wondering what will come out of this... The thread in the BH forum and this one seem to have alot common...

Another edit. Still feeling hurt in the nose and upper teeth. No idea why. What is the reason for feeling this? What is my mind telling me? How is this related to the Resiliency course? What do I need from other people (read: forumites ;-)? What the DUCK is going on?

#9073 01/25/06 03:03 AM

Wow. Lots of stuff to process, Oxygen!

Unis and Oxygen- Just a note about "slowing down the audio"

I have a media player that will speeed up or slow down CD or other sources without changing the pitch. It is called Creative Mediasource Player, and it came with some hardware. I do not know if it is available anywhere...

I have been experimenting with it as a way to speed up audio like the "fast finish" sessions in some courses.

I don't know if it would have the same effect as Unis' old CD player though, maybe it lowered the pitch...

vitaman

#9074 01/25/06 08:29 AM
Oxygen Offline OP
OP Offline

Vita-Man, Thanks!

Just like the discussion in the BH forum, I was a little nervous, if I had gone too far. But you turned out to be worth the trust. To me the words on the first line of your post have so many meaings. Thank you.

I'm calmer today, things are starting to settle down. My nose and upper teeth still feel a bit strange, but the feeling has already started to change. I feel the energy is flowing through my nose, and downwards.

[He].2s2.2p4

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved