Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying.

I thought by "switch/flip into positive feelings" you meant that the technique emphasized changing a feeling rather than accepting it.

Is it about change? In my estimation, yes and no. If you're too eager to change a feeling you're just "accepting" it to get rid of it, which is just kinda trying to fool yourself ... and the results will be as superficial as the attempt.

I am not saying that this person's book or techniques aren't of value, I'm just wondering how well they will mesh with the Abundance for Life program.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited April 24, 2004).]

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I think the suggestion to read Lynn Grabhorn's book: "Excuse me your Life is Waiting" is a good one. It's easier to read than You can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought.

Looking at it from the point of view where you negative thoughts are leading you. Just because you do the Feeling Exercise after throughly noticing and accepting your feeling it doesn't mean you cannot allow your thoughts to move onto positive expectancies. Fact of the matter is negative thoughts and feelings are going to come back until you have fully acknowledged them. Even with the Sedona Method on of the way suggested for dealing with negative feeling is to go deeper into them. To own them and recognise them. What is difficult is figuring out how to go 'deeper into the feeling'. That's where the Feeling Exercise helps.

Ironically owning the Feeling often becomes the flip switch to the positive thinking.

Alex

Too True!

I found I couldn't really accept my feelings, and that trying to go "deeper" was difficult. At that time I was trying to solve some extremely devastating anxiety problems. When I finally released, it was such a rush! They've never surfaced again.

Now, I watch what type of thoughts I'm carrying. Negative thoughts generate negative results, maybe days to weeks down the road. Positive thoughts do the same. The "Syncronicities" that appear after a session of directed positive thought are sometimes amazing. Flip-switching is more of an action plan to gain more control over what happens in my life. Always a journey! I can't wait to get into the AFL course.

Hi...What you're describing is explained in the book Dianetics. Chap. 2: THE REACTIVE MIND.
The Reactive Mind is that part of our mind wherein are stored all your past experiences of pain, saddness, loss, fear, unconsciousness, sickness, etc. etc....
all in mental image form. These mental images form a cluster of negative energy that sometimes takes command over our health, our emotions, our thoughts, our ambitions, our joie de vivre.........

These past experiences become restimulated by daily living unknowingly..........and we feel bad, or downin the dumps, or tormented by bad thoughts, etc. etc........and don't know why.

The good news is that the negative energy (called Charge) in these past experiences can be released by
Dianetics therapy.

I'm a Dianetics therapist and have been using this technology for 19 years.
It's truly amazing.

I suggest getting a copy of Dianetics
from your bookstore.

Good luck

quote:
Originally posted by sjaykum1:
Hi:

Whenever I feel things are not going my way or when I feel like I dont know what I want to do. I have these negative thoughts and emotions that come up. They are like feelings of anger. I can rationalize all these things happen in the past. I know when I have success these thoughts and emotions dont creep up. But when I am down or confused these thoughts just come up and surface.

I realize I learned about the feeling exercise in the course and the Process Inquiry. I am thinking right now if Congruency and solution focus have anything to do with this.

I know these thoughts also come up sometimes when I feel at age 33, I have not been having a normal employment history. This job job I have with Time Warner Cable as a telemarketer, will be the first job that I will have that I would have a year in. I will have a year in by June 25th. In my shift just about everybody or almost everyone did not meet quota for understandable reasons. I mean they say if our group does not meet quota two more times in a row we are going to be dismissed. Well I think it might be interesting if I stay here for a year.

I realize I cant necessarily get rid of these negative thoughts or emotions. I realize that these negative thoughts and emotions are not necessarily good for me. I try to smile. Say next to negative thoughts. Play chess. Affirm I feel great.

Still it is challenging not thinking about. I want thoughts that really produce success instead.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved