Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Doc Offline OP
OP Offline

This still confuses me about image streaming, whether we're to verbalize about what we actually see behind our eyelids or about what we imagine with our eyes closed.

Can anyone tell whether it's one or the other or both, please?

Thanks!
Doc

Administrator
Administrator

Imagine. Start from the imagination. What is happening is you get flashes of images and tend to call that your imagination. Start describing those and the more you describe them, the clearer the images become.

There are a number of way your imagined images can appear in the mind. Someone described it like looking through a foggy window with ice crusted edges. A dark curtain that you are looking through or a sense I am thinking of. Whatever thoughts you get really stem from images so follow them.

Just for the record... if you can imagine the image you are in a 'sense' seeing it with the minds eye not the physical eyes as you are accustomed to. Many of us react to the images that flash past so quickly that we don't think we 'saw' anything, yet we can name what we 'imagined' in our minds eye. That's why we tend to think we cannot visualise when in fact we are doing it at lightning speed.

If you describe out loud what you imagine to be there you will start noticing more and more details in your images.

Consider this; in order to name or label something the mind must see an image of it.

Some will tell you they can see the picture in their mind clear as day, when you meet such a person, that would be the person to do a borrowed genius on. Since describing and teaching someone else what we are doing with our minds is a bit of a challenge

Alex

hi Doc,I have a similar problem and have as much difficulty imagining as I have visualizing.It's as if my minds eye is blind,all I ever see is black or grey, so I can't even do the exercises that are supposed to help me.

Keep on trying, there must be a way for mind blind folk to to learn how to imagine or visualize. good luck.
colcam.

Doc Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by colcam:
hi Doc,I have a similar problem and have as much difficulty imagining as I have visualizing.

Thanks, colcam. Actually, that's not my problem. I see things either way! I just don't want to spend time doing the less effective way of image streaming.

After I read Alex's post, the images came a third way: they just popped into view. I suspect this is was image streaming is about.

Doc

As far as i understand you are just supposed to say outload anything that comes to your head. Its like when you lye down to go to sleep and your mind just starts imagening things, but you are supposed to describe them out load. Also one question that I have for people who have been IS'ing for a while. When you image stream after doing it for a while can they become as vivid as reality. I read somewhere that a guy IS'ed and it was so vivid that he got a little scared and pulled him self out. One more thing. Is it possible to be able to do both contious and uncontious imagestreams? what i mean is an IS that is highly vivid and you have complete control of it? Thanx for all replys in advance.

-Benny

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved