Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9656 05/14/04 05:31 AM
AMS Offline OP
OP Offline

In the 7-SCP, Bobbie R.Stevens said:"Many people don't use these steps, because of stress,so we use meditation to release it".
But in FE, we have to hold on the feeling,the stress for example and appreciate it and ourselves to have it.
Now, how can i release the stress and hold on it in the same time?

[This message has been edited by AMS (edited May 13, 2004).]

#9657 05/13/04 07:52 PM

I don't know the systems you've described. However, I've read and tried some systems with different approaches.

Some have you release the unwanted. Some have you also release the wanted.

Some have you be with the experience, completely, fully. They have you travelling through it to the "truth".

The AFL seems to be a bit of a hybred, and or more. This perception may my own take on the system. AFL suggest you examine all feelings and learn from them. Then you decide if you want to keep it, change it, or remove it. The learning part starts with being with the feeling.

You can choose to reclaim the energy and release the trance. You can choose to fully appreciate it and absorb the energy and hence pass through the trance.

I'd say that both methods are in the course and both will work. Some seem more appropriate in different situations.

Okay, I'm pretty certain that more than a little of my current flavouring of the material has gone into this post, but that's the best I have to share.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#9658 05/14/04 02:42 AM

Woooah.

Hold on to?

No no no. My take on the feelings exercise is to simply feel what you are feeling. If you are HOLDING onto a feeling, you are not simply feeling. You are manipulating your feelings. Sense the difference?

During the feelings exercise you simply feel whatever is going on. If the feeling changes, just feel that. You appreciate whatever feeling you have in the moment. The moment is now. So, if your feeling at the end of the exercise has shifted during the appreciation part, you simply appreciate what is in the present, dig?

Pretty soon, the feeling exericse becomes and all at once thing. That is, all the different sequential parts happen all at once, or at least that has been my feeling.

Let go. That is the whole purpose. Let go. Holding on indicates a fixation or trance. The goal is to become unfixed, loose. And if you aren't loose, then just feel that! The loosening will take place of its own accord.

This is, at least, my experience and understanding of it.

As for the release a la meditation or stillness, this stillness will occur as a result of the feelings exercise. Essentially, the feelings exercise can bring you very quickly to where techniques like TM go. In fact, there are deep parts of TM where the mantra disappears and I am simply aware. I have less mental activity and generally I just sense and feel. Things become quieter and quieter and stress is released. Don't worry. If you are doing the feeling exercise, chances are you are releasing.

The trick is, I think, is to bring yourself into quietness for longer and longer periods of time. Supposedly, this is a state absolutely pregnant with power and higher intelligence. I have no real ways to confirm or deny this statement, even though I have commonly had the experience of quietude in meditation and hypnosis.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited May 13, 2004).]

#9659 05/14/04 07:48 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The reason we often feel stressed is because we have pushed down the Feeling rather than acknowledging it. In this way we are holding on to it and having it ever present. By noticing the feeling, you are acknowledging it once it has 'said it's piece' it will change (sense of relief perhaps?).

The feeling exercise helps us to return to the Now moment, holding onto the feeling moves us to the past,(we have to keep moving back to how we felt a moment ago), wanting to change it moves us to the future, (we try to jump over and ignore the present to get to a preferred feeling but the future isn't here yet so we sense that, that feeling is still out of our reach.)

Doing the feeling exercise is like a mini meditation... one day perhaps sooner than you think an ah-ha will hit you. While you may have heard the words that explain it you will understand and know the significance of the exercise... it really goes beyond feeling the 'right' feeling or being able to notice your feelings.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved