Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

We received the following email from a customer:

“I would like to be removed from your list. I do not wish to have this information pollute my life anymore. Furthermore you are giving people who are desperate to make a conscious change in their lives information that constantly brings them away from themselves. Your advertisements remind me of the old fishing saying, CATCH OF THE WEEK. Look at this person we have for you now, With their help you can have Wealth, Health and Happiness. If you people had any integrity you would understand that making a bunch of money and having all that you want in life is not true abundance. People are where they are in their lives because that is where they are supposed to be. That is what life is dishing out to them because that is what they need to learn about. The difference between what I am saying and what you people are doing at learning strategies is taking responsibility for ones self. I guess you have figured out by now that kind of thing just doesn't bring in the big dollars. To use your words it lacks pizazz. But the truth is not always what people want to hear. It certainly doesn't sell.”

I wrote back:

Thanks for taking time to express your views.

We do have a serious disagreement.

You say:

“People are where they are in their lives because that is where they are supposed to be.”

We say:

People are where they are in their lives because that is where they are.

Much of our Abundance for Life course is helping people understand that. Once they do, they automatically quit judging people (including themselves).

That frees up a ton of emotional energy that blocks freedom and truth in their lives.

When a person believes they are where they are because that is where they are SUPPOSED to be, they are set up to be a victim of life.

Again, we say you are where you are because that is where you are. If you want to change, you can. And, it is a lot easier when you find joy and peace just the way you are right now.

You say:

“Furthermore you are giving people who are desperate to make a conscious change in their lives information that constantly brings them away from themselves.”

No. It is always about bringing them to themselves. The truth about who they are.

You say:

“If you people had any integrity you would understand that making a bunch of money and having all that you want in life is not true abundance.”

As an isolated statement, you can be absolutely right.

“CATCH OF THE WEEK.”

There are many ways to get to Chicago. We offer a variety. We give choice.

Regards,

Pete

Wow Pete. Thanks for posting! That really shows what a good company you are leading, when you can post the negatives like this, and turn them around so.

I really appreciate how non-defensive you and your kind staff are. Keep up the good work!

I am assuming that this individual is not a member of these forums.

If so, then posting this person's email and your reply in this forum is not exactly in good taste, nor is it good form.

This person sent you an email in private. He or she didn't post it on the forum for open discussion. Did this person give expressed consent for you to do so?

If this person is not a particpant in this forum, then he or she is not present to defend the views presented. Bad form.

I can appreciate your good intentions in posting this, and I suggest, Pete, regarding the circumstances that you remove that post from the forum.

The strength of your products and ethics should stand on their own and not require airing these things out in public.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited June 04, 2004).]

Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Babayada, do you have the Abundance for Life course?

Pete,

Yes. I own it and have been going through it for around two or so months. I've been enjoying it immensely.

I did not express the opinions above to simply be contrary or to express agreement or disagreement with any of the points expressed. It's simply a matter of personal ethics that I never post someone's private email to a forum without their prior consent. It can cause a heap of trouble.

If the person has given consent, then just ignore me.

Stephen

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited June 05, 2004).]

Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

Two things:

I heard back from the writer of the email who said that he/she agreed with me. That we weren't so far apart.

Stephen, the reason I asked whether you had the course was to point out that whenever you have a strong response to anything -- which it seems you had when you wrote the first post above -- the first think you should do is the Feeling Exercise or the Inquiry Process or both.

Those two exercises are so vital to what Paul teaches. We could probably do four more CDs on each to help drive home the point. Some people using the course are running the Feeling Exercise 20-30 times a day for day after day. At some point it becomes automatic. At some point they naturally harness the power in their feelings that otherwise gets bottled up. That power is then freed to serve them in magnicent ways.

I didn't think twice about submitting my earlier post. I had stripped out anything that would identify the person. And I certainly didn't bash the person.

If the person would have been upset by the post, I would have politely apologized. Had the person not been so stuck in his/her trance and actually purchased the course, I would have suggested that this was the perfect time for the Feeling Exercise or Inquiry Process.

That email was indicative of many telephone calls that I received where people are stuck in their trances of lack. I wanted to use the email as a teaching moment.

Hi Pete,

I think that your posting was a good teaching point and that you presented it in a fairly generic way - stripped of anything personal or identifying. I also helps to note that you this message represents a type of response that you hear with some regularity. Presenting it like that does offer a good teaching opportunity. I would have agreed with Stephen if there had been more identifying information in the message, rather than it being representative of a type.

what time does the spaceship leave? where's my Kool-Aid?

[QUOTE]People are where they are in their lives because that is where they are supposed to be. That is what life is dishing out to them because that is what they need to learn about.[QUOTE]

Gosh, if this were this case, then we would have to close all the charities, because those who are down & out should be left to go hungry & unclothed. Taking this a step further, we would have to close all the schools, because if we were really meant to have formal education, that skilled knowledge would surely be divinely bestowed upon us at birth, and we would be able to easily and naturally access it... if we were spiritually "deserving" enough, that is.

If you lived by a lake in the middle of nowhere with no transportation, and your neighbor down the road was starving because he didn't know how to fish, would you not teach him, if you already knew how?

When people are left isolated in their misery, their hope dies, and despair sets in. The worst thing in the world is for fear to rule in the hearts of humanity. The world would definitely plummet and find its way into nonexistence. Without hope, there is no reason and no will to live.

On the flip-side, one of the most rewarding things in life is to be able to free someone from a bondage, by showing them how to help themselves, and where they are missing the mark, or how they can do things better. I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror, if someone were placed in my path who needed help, and I did not do what I could to assist them, even if it's to simply direct them to the necessary resources and information. If they balked or refused it (which happens often), or abused it, at least I could walk away knowing that I tried. I did my best. I can't help but help, because it's part of what makes me whole.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it just occurred to me that, yes, in a way, one could say that "People are where they are in their lives because that is where they are supposed to be." But instead of labeling the circumstance as some sort of divine punishment dealt to the helpee, it would more accurately be called a "learning, growing, & edifying opportunity" for both the helper and the helpee.

As for abundance, this very earth of ours, in all her glory, is the epitome of abundance. It is here so that we, as a human race, are given by potential, plus a little elbow grease, initiative, and teamwork, to grow and prosper like fruit on a tree. Yet when you snap those pieces of the puzzle together, they still don't complete the picture, so that you can solve the riddle. All you have to do is look around to know this. The question is twofold: How can you most effectively pull out that potential, and are there really any boundaries?

From what I understand (I haven't taken the course, yet), "Abundance for Life" answers that question well. It takes you beyond the grade school of life, even beyond college, and enrolls you in the graduate school of life. You step beyond the basics of human ingenuity and productivity, into the supernatural realm of operations, where one is able by faith, to access and utilize the very power of all life, at will.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. But this is how I see it, right now. I like the way you responded to that person, Pete. I'm glad you posted it, because it causes us to think about the most basic concepts which are so commonplace, that they often go unnoticed.

I am profoundly enthusiastic about ordering the course, but I'm waiting for a way that I can do it. I am so grateful that I found Learning Strategies (or that if found me). Thank you so very much for all that you do for us.

[This message has been edited by SHEANIMA (edited September 09, 2004).]

P. S. - It is common knowledge and an understood practice in the business world that all correspondence sent to a particular organization, becomes the property of that organization. Unless otherwise expressly requested, or the material is copyrighted, or of a legally private nature, that company is entitled to publish all such correspondence.

Pete, it goes without saying that you presented this particular letter in good taste, discreetly removing all identity of the author, even going so far as to not point out the person's sex.

You did not use it to put down anyone, but to teach and build up. Since you are, among other things, a teacher, you acted as one by reading a student's work in front the class, so to speak. This is a teachers prerogative, and the student gives implied permission by having submitted such correspondence.

[This message has been edited by SHEANIMA (edited September 10, 2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved