Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9762 07/08/04 03:35 PM
OP Offline

I had an experience with the Feeling Exercise that was unusual for me. Sunday, I was walking around my house barefoot and stubbed my toe hard. I hopped around whooping with pain. For what ever reason I thought at that moment to do the exercise. I focused easily on the sharp pain in my toe and some feelings of swirling in my head and body. When I asked to experience the energy and power in the feelings things shifted almost immediately. What I would describe as moderately intense pain changed to a sensation like two pulsing currents of electricity going in opposite directions on both sides of my toe bone. The color of my toe about as quickly started turning to its natural color from the reddish color it had been. I felt no pain after that. It was almost as if I hadn't stubbed toe.

I'd been practicing the exercise for a couple of weeks before this, mainly with emotions. This was the first time I had the opportunity with physical pain. I had no expectation that doing the exercise would change what I felt in my toe but it really did.

It was really easy for me to feel love, appreciation, and even gratitude to for the feeling, the power in the feeling, and for the whole experience. What a great course.

That sounds like a very interesting experience, you described there. Very cool!

Don't know if you have heard of Huna.
A Huna technique can be used for this too, when you've accidentally hurt yourself, in a minor or major way.

Basically, you make the same physical movement but you 'miss' the bed frame, or whatever it is you hit, and you make it a close call purposely, (but not hitting your foot again! ).

I'll explain:
One time I was stabbing a potatoe with a fork, which is what I do before baking it.
I missed the potatoe and hit the top of my finger instead. I immediately put the potatoe aside, and started deliberately stabbing the cutting board very close to my finger, just missing it. You do this as soon as possible, very important, after the accident occurs. I also said to myself while just missing my finger, "I'm okay, but it was close". This tells your subconscious, which is the (master decider of how you heal, what you look like, etc, as we know) that you actually never hit your finger in the first place.
I wrapped it up, noticing briefly that some skin was gone, but otherwise not giving my attention to it. It was healed completely in about an hour, no blood. The only barrier in how effective this is, is your fullblown faith that it works.

But I'm still going to try the Feeling exercise the next time I hit my knee against the desk and I get that non-injury, but pain type of accident. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by adbsteve:
I had an experience with the Feeling Exercise that was unusual for me. Sunday, I was walking around my house barefoot and stubbed my toe hard. I hopped around whooping with pain. For what ever reason I thought at that moment to do the exercise. I focused easily on the sharp pain in my toe and some feelings of swirling in my head and body. When I asked to experience the energy and power in the feelings things shifted almost immediately. What I would describe as moderately intense pain changed to a sensation like two pulsing currents of electricity going in opposite directions on both sides of my toe bone. The color of my toe about as quickly started turning to its natural color from the reddish color it had been. I felt no pain after that. It was almost as if I hadn't stubbed toe.

I'd been practicing the exercise for a couple of weeks before this, mainly with emotions. This was the first time I had the opportunity with physical pain. I had no expectation that doing the exercise would change what I felt in my toe but it really did.

It was really easy for me to feel love, appreciation, and even gratitude to for the feeling, the power in the feeling, and for the whole experience. What a great course.

Here's my experience with FE:
The night before my flight back to Taiwan I was in a seafood resterant with my family in Bangkok, eating seafood. I don't know it is the seafood itself or the fact that I haven't eaten them in quite a while. Allergies started kicking in. My eyes got itchy and swollen so much that I rushed to the hospital to get a shoot and some medication. During waiting for my cues for the doctor, I close my eyes and started FE. I start to notice the itches and the pain around my eye and slimply accept it. Somehow I felt some sort of energy was filling into the allergic area, which were my eyes. For a brief moment, I felt better. I don't know if it is whether I didn't concentrate enough or what. This comfortable sensation only last for a while and then it went back to the good old painful state again.

Administrator
Administrator

It is important to remind you that the intention of the FE is to reclaim the power and energy that you are...NOT to eliminate a feeling you label as uncomfortable. It is in the feeling you have labeled as "pain" (like the stubbed toe), that you can directly experience your creative power.

When you experience the feeling free of the label, you reclaim the brilliance that you are and the power that you are. If the "pain" is transformed then you can notice that too. All of it is your brilliant creation.

Appreciating yourself and every experience you create means you recognize yourself as the creator. That's a powerful place from which you can create whatever you choose.

Thank you for sharing.

It's amazing how an experience can change when you don't label or judge it.

Also having an experience transform from on state to another is normal. Things are not statice. If you are part to the experience and not just and observer, it only make sense that if you are different then some transformations will be different.

Ooops, the analytic side of my brain was kicking in. That's okay because I'm not in the experience now, I can take this time to analyze it. Or at least speculate about it.

The feeling exercise is a simple and surprisingly powerful and useful exercise.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

Paul,
I grateful for your concern and reminder...

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulScheele:

It is important to remind you that the intention of the FE is to reclaim the power and energy that you are...NOT to eliminate a feeling you label as uncomfortable. It is in the feeling you have labeled as "pain" (like the stubbed toe), that you can directly experience your creative power.
---------------------------------------------

While I may have wanted to change the "stubbed toe" feeling before I started the feeling exercise, once started I made it clear in my mind that it was okay if it stayed, and okay if it went. I did ask to experience the energy and the power in the feeling. This means something different to me than noticing the feeling. I didn't ask for it, I wasn't currently hoping that it would. I just wanted to fully notice what was there. When I'm trying to notice the power and energy of different feelings I notice it in several different ways. On some occasions I notice vibrations in different areas of different speed and amplitudes. Other times a picture pops into my mind of a dark silhouette with beams of energy flying around. Most of the time it seems that can only sense the overall feeling itself, the same thing as I notice when feeling the feeling. If I had any agenda at this point it was to more fully notice the energy and power in the feeling. My experience changed on its own. I didn't ask it to change. It just did. I feel like if tried to make the "pain" stay, then I would have been violating the spirit of the Feeling Exercise.

My main question of interest in all of this is how do others experience the energy and power in the feeling? Is it different that just noticing the feeling? I found it strange the first time a picture popped into my head, since I was trying to focus on my feelings. For now I've come to accept that how it is for me sometimes.

Thanks you for creating such a wonderful course.

Steve

[This message has been edited by adbsteve (edited July 09, 2004).]

Paul, I have really had big probems with regaining the power through the feeling of it, because I couldn't often feel anything. But suddenly I feel as if a light bulb has gone on. Can you clarify for me is what you are saying the fact that we are the creators of everything? All that is happening is by our creation we are making the "movie" and once we become aware of this then we can direct this energy anywhere and anyhow. Have I got this now or am I still off base? I really look forward to your reply.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Paul does not frequent the forum. I usually have to contact him and see if he has a response. I'll contact him about your question. In the mean time I offer my own insights for your consideration. If Paul has anything to add I'm sure he will.

As I have pointed out in other posts... explainations are mind games and experience is something else. What you personally will experience through the Feeling Exercise will be your own and when you truly experience your feelings you are the one who realises who creates the emotions of anger, frustration, gladness, joy, laughter, all sourcing from that energy that is the feeling. Once you do the Feeling Exercise enough you and when you can appreciate the feeling as is, you can choose to move on to creating the feeling experiences you want in the next step of the Feeling Exercise by changing to feeling to a higher expression of joy.

In doing things like the Feeling Exercise we learn who we are and the power within us to always choose and that is way we can move out of the trance and see the opportunities that are around us in the form of Abundance so that we can reach out and accept the other gifts that are also there for us. It is only the direction we choose to take that determines whether we create hardship to go with the reaction to frustation triggered by an unrecognised feeling or we can create abundance by loving the feeling and recognising it is there.

We use that same power to create as an outward manifestation all that we consider good or bad within our lives, it's all part of the trance what is good can only be good because we judge it so, what is bad is only bad because we judge it so.

By creation we don't mean miracle manifestation from thin air. We create the space within us to reach out and receive what can exist in our realm. A car is already manufactured for us to buy when we are ready, the house and land, business success, loving relationships are all within our ability to create by creating the space to receive what is. What we seek is there when we are ready, to receive it in our lives.

Pathway to faster creation, know your power, know that you are a feeling being and you react according to your feelings. To say she makes me mad... it's a feeling because you have the power to choose to be mad or not about whatever she is doing. By recognising your feeling recognising the power in the feelings you take back that power.

It's easier to see with a smile on your face than tears in your eyes.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited July 13, 2004).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved