Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9850 07/26/04 11:59 PM
OP Offline

What results are people getting from this course?

I am looking for some material that is a quantum leap above the current material on the market (I realize that this may not exist yet). Not that there is anything wrong with what is available, I am looking to make another step.

It seems that this course is taken from existing material. (as quoted in the course).

I am currently working on CD #4 of the main course. I find this a bit strange. We are requested to do goal setting in this CD; however CD #1 mentions "Goals as Traps." Seems like a contradiction to me.

How are the rest of you doing with this?

#9851 07/27/04 01:32 AM

I think that what Paul is getting at is having a sense of balance between being an doing.

#9852 07/27/04 06:22 PM
OP Offline

I don't understand your response can you be more specific? What does Paul say that he means?

This reminds me of another point. I have seen in material like this, people will create new terms or redefine old terms. However they never quite say exactly what they mean.

#9853 07/28/04 05:42 AM

I agree people invent or re-invent terms and confuse rather than clarify. There is a lot of stuff in this course I find contradictory. A lot of stuff I just plain do not believe in or believe is hokey new-age nonsense. However I still see value in the program.

What I mean is that the feeling exercises are designed, I think, to have you just be. You don't get caught up in feeling you have to do anything or being reactive. Personally, I have found that the more I practice the feelings exercise, the more calm and less reactive I am.

The course contains material that supports simply being as well as material that supports doing or actively pursuing goals.

Goal setting can be a trap. So can just sitting around and doing nothing. My point is that it is a matter of extent rather than absolutes. You know? So, spending time doing the feeling exercise is good and spending time setting and pursuing your goals is good. You just need to establish a balance between the time spent on the two.

Some people choose an active approach to life. To them doing is the best thing in the world. To others, being is the best thing in the world. They just want to be in the moment, without desires or fears knocking them off their center.

#9854 07/28/04 07:44 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Goals can be a trap because they are often not our goals. We pretend to have this goal and have no real desire to work for it because we are just trying to fix something that is wrong with us because of a trance belief that we have.

We put ourselves into a mire of wanting a goal because we think it will fix something and yet know that reaching that goal won't fix it because we are who we are, that part of the trance we are aware of. Often our goals are also superficial not thought out.

They are the goals we think we have when we don't have a goal.

An important part of the Abundance For Life course is clarifying that the goal you set is your goal and not just another trance goal.

Alex

#9855 07/28/04 01:12 PM
OP Offline

I must be thinking about this on a different level, but I thought that 7 goals were excessive. I guess it would depend on what level you are working from, from a high level 3-5 would cover most areas.

Deepak Chopra comes to mind, he talks a lot about manifesting, but the only thing I ever seen him manifest was book after book etc. Which is a form of income for him, but has gotten so old for me that I won't read anything of his anymore. Wayne Dyer is getting close to that point.

#9856 07/28/04 01:39 PM

7 is the most goals suggested. There is no reason why you cannot focus on less. In fact I find most of us are focusing on our first 3. However having 7 goals will by greater chance cause us to focus in all areas of our life.

Work/Career
Money/finance
Family/relationships
Health/Well being
Social/community
Spiritual/self discovery
Self education/continued learning

Alex

#9857 07/28/04 02:01 PM
AMS Offline

I suggest the first gool should be:
"Understanding fully this course, so we could apply it to real life experiences".
I think this is the gool we share all, so let's make it the first.
Last thing, when a gool becomes a "Core Desire", it is almost achieved, even without writing it down, because something inside of you will motivate you to act.

#9858 07/28/04 02:54 PM

Hi Trader027:

I'm no expert on this course but I am a big believer in goals. I was surfing around on the Learning Strategies sites to see what else was up and found your good questions.

I set three Global goals, 9 Master goals and then about 10 specific or targeted goals that I know I want to accomplish in the near future (I put a target date next to these) and I can cross them off when they are done. I have my goals in my computer so they are easy to modify if I need to and I print them out and keep them in my time planner. I read my goals every morning as I organize my agenda for the day. Often as I am reading them I will find that a little voice inside my head is resisting a goal or saying that I can't reach that goal. That's a powerful moment and I spend some time releasing that fear or looking at alternatives so that I am fully aligned with the goal before I move on.

It is common knowledge that people who set and write down goals are more "successful". I am very successful due to my discipline for setting goals and managing my priorities and time. There are so many distractions that it is too easy to get off task. If a ship doesn't know what port it is sailing to then it will likely wind up somewhere else. Alex's advice to make sure you set the goals you really want/need is pure gold. For me to really know this I need to keep my goals front and center each day. Find a system that works for you and stick with it and improve it as time marches on.

Happy Goal Hunting,
Agent B

#9859 08/06/04 04:53 PM

I think the major issue with avoiding goals is that the focus becomes what is MISSING in your life -- you're focusing on your pain. What Scheele seems to be doing is having you experience your future, looking for evidence and reflecting on your internal power to be there. It's not that you don't have a goal, it's that you begin living your goal mentally and saying "yes" to it.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved