Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
NeoZon Offline OP
OP Offline

Who will you be after you breathe your last breath?

What does Paul mean here?

I think this is a meditative question. Will you have regrets or fulfullment when you look back on your lifes work.

Of course, stay tuned, we will all find out when we breathe the last breathe.

Jeff

quote:
Originally posted by NeoZon:
Who will you be after you breathe your last breath?

What does Paul mean here?

I think he means what energy did your "self" come from, is in now and will eventually go back into.

Well after contemplating this question again. I have never really liked these kind of questions because all you have is here and now. To go off on a tangent like this doesn't do much for you.

You will still be you whether you find yourself in never never land, or the land of spirits. You will still be you. Like Buckaroo Banzai said "No matter where you go there you are."

When you take your last breath you will be in that moment. Enjoy it.

Jeff

How do we know that we won't just cease to exist after that last breath? How can you tell for sure that consciousness does persist after your last breath? It could all just be wishful thinking. I would like to think that we do exist after death but I can’t just blindly believe it just because it’s a comforting thought.

Yes its true that you can’t create or destroy energy E=MC*C etc but that doesn’t mean that you can’t destroy consciousness.

Has anyone got any views that would put my mind at rest?

Mark.

Mark;

In one of the final CD's, the dinner with Paul he talks about past lives. In his experience working with people he found that they all had prior experiences of some sort.

In most all the eastern religions there is reference to this same thing. Many have all these levels of Heaven and Hell. Personally I think Heaven is where you make it and how you make it.

Why I don't like these kind of questions is that they introduce uncertainty into your thinking. To answer them is like the Journey to Shambala, which is compared to hitting your head against the wall. It feels really good when you stop.

In order to Be, Do and Have anything you must build on certainies. You know if you have a certain belief system you get this result. You know if you develope a Money Consciousness you will attract money into your life.

I consider a uncertainty a very negative thought. Like getting a wrench thrown in your turbine. If the teacher is there who can introduce this concept to you and guide you through it's meaning that is different.

What you can control is your feeling towards the subject of death. You can release on this feeling and get yourself to the fabled "Hootless" State where you really don't give a hoot anymore. this is a certainty you can build on.

In somethings I really like the Dali Lama and remember his saying. "If something is wrong and we can fix it then there is nothing to worry about, we will fix it. If there is something wrong and we can't fix it then there is nothing to worry about, we can't fix it."

My opinion is that you will still be you and all of your memories are buried deep inside you. I kinda think it is a "Change of State" like water turning into steam. Since we are part of nature we solidify and return like the rain.

Jeff

And if you find that these memories reside inside of you then it should prove that your consciousness is intact and whole.

Jeff

My reply is directed more towards the topic, "Who were you before you were born", which can probably also be applied to the second question, "who are you after you are dead", since I imagine, you go back to the same state (depicting the circle, as mentioned in ancient Hindu philosophy, where everything is in one big circle, going from life and then to death, and then being re-born, and so on ...).

My feeling is that the question forces one to contemplate a state how it must be before one is born, a thoughtless uncorrupted state, with no pre-conceptions or ideas, just pure perception, a state of looking out, of observing; before one is born into this world, before one is hypnotized by culture, thought, concepts, ideas - essentially a state of pure being - or to put it in terms of AFL, before one is put into the various "trances".

A number of the ancient philosophers and mystical poets, including Rumi, have mentioned in their writings and poetry, that children are by their vary nature, spiritual. And this maybe because children because of being so young and less exposed to life and the world, are closer to that pure state of being, than an adult who has grown up, learnt, and absorbed the thoughts, ideas, concepts, culture, and most importantly, the artificial limitations the world has taught. Essentially the person has been hypnotized into the trances of the society and world he or she has grown up in.

When one dies, one essentially goes back to that pure state of being, until one is re-born and comes back into this world again.

NeoZon Offline OP
OP Offline

Who were we, before we were born? Can you remember? Can you really remember billions of years before your sperm cell meet up with your egg cell? Truly, that is how all of us got here. Human life definitely begins at this moment. How, else can human life start? They are just the facts. Are, we suppose to believe that we are some type of conscious electron that makes the impossible jump into a human body, and then are able to make that jump out when we die? Who were we, before we were born? Who will we be after are last breath is taken? What is a belief? And, what is factual data? When a human dies, where does that human go? Of course you still exist after you die. But, what about your awareness? The most important thing about being alive is, knowing that you’re alive. Is it such a far fetching idea that are awareness can cease to exist for all eternity after are death. It could very much be that we will be exactly the way we were before we were born. Who are we before we were born?

[This message has been edited by NeoZon (edited September 03, 2004).]

My Mother had done a genealogy chart, worked on it over twenty years, still on paper, hand written with picutres. I took this info and scanned it onto computer for her and made it easier to move the data around. When I did this I had a very interesting experience, I made this connection to all these people who had a hand in my creation. I was able to look back and see (maybe not all) how many thousands of paople it took to make me, from all different walks of life.

I realized that all their life experiences were inside of me up until the time the seed was passed on.

Now I don't remember what I had for dinner last week right off the top of my head but I could work backwards and figure it out. Alot of work which would probably make me hungary so might as well forget that and get some real food.

I tend to think there are 2 parts to the human being which is the body and the spirit (includes your consciousness). The body is blessed with all the memories of the physical that relate to survival and success. As a Spiritual Being I believe I am a guest here. As a Spiritual Being memories like this really don't matter.

To answer these questions you need to calm your mind and look inside, you are the only one who can truely answer this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved