Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Personally, I like these kinds of questions, and I was kind of thrilled when Paul asked them, because I had asked them to myself on several occasions.

I believe these questions have to do with consciousness itself and the idea of death. In a sense, not being alive, or corporeal, is already a part of our history, so I believe the experience after death will be pretty much like the experience before birth. If there is nothing there is nothing, you have gone through it (or not gone through it) before, so, really, there is nothing to fear.

I think the point of it is the experience of consciousness ... so saying that all we have is now is very pertinent to the question.

My first feeling during the session was that I can be in this very moment my true self, who is before my thoughts and feelings, who was before my birth and who will be after my death (even without thoughts or feelings).

From my perspective these questions are about this very moment rather than past or present.

On the other hand, future is a series of moments that can be used for worrying about the past, being in the moment or worrying about the future. What can I do in this moment to be able to be in the moment also in the future Practice makes us masters

My feeling on this subject of death, as we know it is, that it is a transformation into a higher state. We get glimpses of this when we connect to higher consciousness or super consciousness and those moments when have this divine inspiration and the universe opens to us for an instant and we know all and see all. Sometimes coming out of a dream state before waking I have this feeling of a complete connection to everything, all of time past, present and future, all knowledge, all experience, etc. It is very brief but really disapointing when I wake up completely.

It cannot be compared to life as we know it now. The experience of transforming to that state may or may not be pleasant but once complete I doubt you will have any regrets.

People in near death or death experiences mention that they had no fear and there was a beautiful feeling. In fact they regretted having to come back here after experiencing that. I have not heard anything that really makes it sound as though it is something to fear from those that have experienced it.

One of my favorite stories is of a ship wrecked sailor who landed in the Cook Islands in the 1800's sometime. He lived there appx 3 years and when he was "rescued" he had three wifes, had gained 40 pounds and had never been healthier in his life.

He returned to England and in 6 months lost all of his weight, his health suffered and his hair began falling out. The stress of the daily news and family bickering made him realize how good he had it back on his ship wrecked island. He jumped back on a ship and had them deposit him back on the same island to reclaim his wives and old life where he regained his health and lived to a ripe old age. His saying was that "Today lasts forever and tomorrow never comes"

Jeff

Live like it's your last day, yet as if you have a thosand years to go.

Don't know where I heard it. Nice one to live by.

Shane RMT

Those who are not yet familiar with the work by Michael Ruiz http://www.miguelruiz.com/ it could be facinating to notice the correlation between this discussion and his work.

For example >>>a thoughtless uncorrupted state, with no pre-conceptions or ideas, just pure perception<<< & >>>People in near death or death experiences mention that they had no fear and there was a beautiful feeling. In fact they regretted having to come back here after experiencing that.<<<

He had near death experience, descibed here by jeffdengr. What he decided(due to his family background), was to start practicing how to enter this state already during the living... and he succeeded.

Miquel´s work is very facinating and what is grate is that he´s actualy living today. Yet there is clear correlation to the teachings of persons like Buddha... + he´s work is grate companion with the AFL, they speak about the very same issues (at least from my perspective).

His latest book is called The Voice of Knowledge and it's about thoughles uncorrupted state and why we tend to avoid this as humans...

I agree, love this book by Miguel. It's one of the few that I let loiter around my nightstand after reading it, so that I could pick it up at odd moments and re-read a passage. Most books go directly back on the shelf.

Our conciousness because of its limiting beliefs and because it has forgotten the experience of higher conciousness, fears losing the self.

Once you experience the one energy that flows through us all then you will realize that what we were before, we still are and will always be, and the fear, a lower energy, can not be present anymore.

This is an experience and unless you've experienced it then all the questions can attempt to disprove the existence and reality of that experience. (What if it's another illusion? etc...)

The feeling exercise leads you into that experience, and in that experience is a knowing that can be explained with words but difficult to prove.

I suggest anyone who doubts to try the experience before making any final judgements. It can't hurt.

I read Miguel Ruiz's book on Love Mastery and enjoy his writing very much.

Peace, Love and JOY

Hi Folks,

This is an interesting topic. For NeoZon: In my opinion Neo-Tech is correct in believing that after the physical death the person (persona = identity) for instance NeoZon will be gone forever.

There was never a YOU before with that
individual I-ness and that I-ness will disappear with death.

All this near death experience are most likely functions of dying brain.

All the past life memories are makings of the mind. The mind can create anything and for instance store a repressed feeling into these experience that is something
we don't want to feel or experience right now.

So under this viewpoint past life therapies this can have a value in relieving these repressed emotions or memories.

However, many of us probably realize that we are not a lump of meat only, that we not
only someone who thinks and feels.

Sometimes, especially when you do meditation you realize that there is something which is just aware and completely unattached.

This is probably not a creation of the mind but a real and basic experience which is you
or us. This will never die and was never born.

Back to Neo-Tech: From the viewpoint of preserving the individual I-ness for a while it is certainly a value to have our lives extended as far as possible.

In other words striving for immortality but knowing that we will never achieve 100%.

Cheers,

Then again, we might just be worm-food, and it's light's out, boys.

Who knows? I suppose we all will sooner or later. Whether you live your life like there is no tomorrow or not, it will not stay the reaper. But, then again, it's about how you live rather then when you die, eh?

This may come as a novel idea to many, but at that point in time, I will return to my spiritual home, which is Heaven, to my spiritual parents, which make up God. This life here, is no different than being sent off to a private school in some far-off distant land, only to return home when the year is up, or when you have graduated. It's as simple as that.

This belief may not satisfy everyone, but it's abundantly sufficient for me, and I'm happy with it. That way, I can get on with the business of living, instead of contemplating my navel.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved