Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Hi, this is Noah St. John - the person who invented Afformations. It's great to hear from everyone. Just thought I'd drop in to let you know that I'm happy to answer your questions about afformations and how to use them to get better results in your life, career, and relationships.

People around the world have used afformations to make more money, find the love of their lives, start new businesses, remove phobias, and much more. Feel free to read an excerpt from my first Afformations book at http://www.SuccessClinic.com/AfformationsFreeChapter.html

And me? I found the love of my life by asking myself one afformation.

You can see our picture at http://www.SuccessClinic.com/FirstTime.html

Thanks and let me know any time I can be of help.

To your Success,
Noah St. John

JoeyD Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,
Since I've been on last I've being using Afformations on a daily basis and thought I would share my experiences with you.

I have being using the Afformations separate from the paraliminals, as I have 5 afformations I use and I only listen to up to 3-4 paraliminal sessions a day.As a paraliminal should only be used for 1 problem per session I wouldn't get all the afformations done in one day. Having said that what i'm 'afforming' and what I use the paraliminals for are completely related.

With the afformations some days in the morning I will spend 15 minutes (5 afformations/ 3mins each) on them , I use a countdown timer on a stopwatch set to 3 mins so when stopwatch beeps I
reset the countdown and go to next afformation. After doing this I feel very relaxed, I then listen to the SE Supercharger and find that its very easy to listen to i.e. my mind doesnt wonder aimlessly as some days this happens and feel I am not getting the full benefit from the paraliminal.

I also am using the afformations with my Proteus LS machine. Somedays I will use one of the 35min learning sessions (Program 18,25) or the 20minute Creativity Enhancement session
Program (program 21). So again with countdown timer I can spend 7 minutes or 4minutes respectively with each afformation.

While using an afformation for the few minutes session I repeat the afformation a few times pausing for a few moments between each repeat. I say the afformation like I'm really asking a question and I put emphasis into it. I've fallen asleep a few times doing this so hopefully this has a positive effect too.

One of the positive effects i've noticed about using an afformation is that I when using them anytime of day and put some emphasis into it I instantly seem to perk up and instantly feel alot better..cool eh. I never experienced this using an Affirmation!

quote:
---------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------
it can definitely be a powerful tool and something we can use to get our confusion/doubt away from our minds in a second - sort of bluffing the mind(?).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would affirmations be more 'bluffing the mind' ?...for example if I'm feeling really bad and down and I continually repeat a statement 'I feel good' , 'I feel good' etc...would that be more a bluff so to speak whereas maybe when you use an afformation your sort of 'asking' your mind to change by automatically getting your subconcious involved in the process of answering the question ?
Just my thoughts on it.

So how are you guys getting on with the Afformations , has Belief worked well?

Hi Noah,
Thanks for your positive contribution.

Joey

Hi, Joey. As I said during my previous post, I did indeed use Belief with an afformation, working exclusively from Session B. The new belief was in the format of "Why am I so...?". I'm wondering if I needed to listen to Session B more than once, as I did not notice any difference in my behaviour. Then again, I was having an unusually stressful day, which may account for things turning out as they did.

I'm going to try again using Belief several times if need be, and see if that helps. I'm also going to try what you did and see how that pans out.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

-Carmelo

Hello, again. I'm pleased to say that when I used Joey's practice of saying the afformations out loud, it worked pretty well. The fact that today was a much more routine day helped a lot.

With regards to using Belief and an afformation again, I'll let you know what happens with that shortly.

-Carmelo

Hi

I first became familiar with the question type method through Idea-Seminars contribution to Learning Strategies Euphoria program, namely Attitude Activator.

It is interesting how they incorporate the method in the actual Attitude Activator. There is a lot of anchoring of the questions to future challenges, so that when you come up against a difficult situation you immediately put yourself into a resourceful state by asking the type of questions that will get you into a resourceful state. Questions that 'activate your attitude'.

Maybe it's possible to use the paraliminals to create a similar effect to the Attitude Activator, anchoring questions to certain situations. Automatic Pilot session B could work, the steps you do for the session could go something like:

1) I notice when I am in ___________ (particular situation) This is the trigger.
2) I ask straight away "How much fun can I have with this?"
3) I immediately begin to smile to myself.
4) I ask "How can I enjoy this situation as much as possible?"
5) I sense the solution / opportunity to...
6) ...
7) etc

A question is really a search, a puzzle for the brain to solve. A paraliminal that deals well with puzzles is Personl Genius. The session purpose to get your brain to go on a search for resources could be a question:

Learning situation: How can I be more confident / ingenius / euphoric in __________ situation?

Personal Genius will help you search the 'rooms in your mind' and make you more aware of your internal resources.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited September 01, 2005).]

Hi all,

I hadn't heard of afformations, but I read somewhere on the net that asking oneself positive questions can be helpful.

The idea is that the human brain is a problem solving machine, and if you give it a problem by asking a question, it will solve the problem, ie, answer the question. You need to get relaxed and comfortable, so just before you drop off to sleep is good.

The questions have to be posed positively, so you might say: 'I coped well with a stressful day today, how can tomorrow be even better?' You might not get an obvious answer, but the day might be good.

My youngest boy was very nervous about an exam last year, so we thought of a positive achievement and he asked a question around it. He thought of the question just before he went to sleep and he found he remembered all the science stuff in the test the next day.

Jodi

Re: "With regards to using Belief and an afformation again, I'll let you know what happens with that shortly."

I'm sorry it took so long for me to follow up to this particular post. With that said, as I mentioned earlier, afformations spoken out loud seem to work well for me, but I've yet to have success with them as the main instruction for a Paraliminal program.

With that said, I'm certain I could use a Paraliminal to enhance the results that I get from saying afformations out loud.

-Carmelo

[This message has been edited by Carmelo (edited September 22, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Carmelo (edited September 22, 2005).]

JoeyD Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Carmelo,
I’ve only being using Afformations myself with one particular paraliminal and that’s Personal Genius which I see Grant suggested also above. I’ve noticed some small feedback but since it’s a biggish project I’m working on it could take a while before I get the breakthrough I want.

As I’ve said before I’m doing my afformations daily and I’m also using the paraliminals daily. I’m noticing positive changes and I’m feeling great, I still have my bad days (who doesn’t!) but all in all things have definitely changed for the better…and a bad day can be turned into a bad hour with all these new techniques …Cool eh

One thing about the Afformations is the portability, I’m using them while walking, on the bus, stuck in traffic, in a bar etc etc. (It took a short while to get into the habit of remembering to use them while out and about but what a great habit). I get my instant perk up once I focus on the way I say (mentally or out loud ) the afformation i.e. asking like I’m really asking a question and using emphasis. Great really when before all this my inner dialogue was 99.999% negative 24/7, 365 days a year.

One thing that drew me to the Afformations was the whole ‘mind always searches for an answer’ concept, which when I thought about it made sense. E.g. everyone has had the experience where you try to consciously remember some fact, you rack your brain for ages but to no avail. Then you think or talk about something else and hey presto! a while later the answer just ‘magically’ comes to you. Thus you know your subconscious was working on finding the answer while you were consciously preoccupied with something else.

Hi,
I do have affirmations for myself it really has a better effect on me and I'm a better person than before. Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often and believe in them, you can start to make positive changes. The word affirmation comes from the Latin affirmare, originally meaning "to make steady, strengthen." Affirmations do indeed strengthen us. Here are some of the Affirmations for Success:

1 - "I can be successful in anything I doâ€
2 – “I will find the solutions to all my problemsâ€
3 – “I am worthyâ€
4 – “I can control my reactionsâ€
5 – “I can make a changeâ€
6 – “I am improvingâ€
7 – “I will be successfulâ€
8 – “All my goals are achievableâ€
9 – “I will not compare my self to anyoneâ€
10 – “There is no place for negativity inside meâ€

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer