Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87309 03/20/18 12:22 PM
OP Offline

Hello from Brazil. I've read the book, watched the DVDs, but I still have a question that can be categorized even as philosophical, my question is:

1) What is in fact a clear purpose for reading? That is, the purpose MUST be related to life goals or just something related to a book I am reading? Someone could clarify this for me once and for all.

Thank you! Greetings from Brazil.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

There is always a personal reason why you're going to read a book, article or even the cereal box. If you remember that reason when you start, you can focus on getting that from your reading.

If you happen to read a cereal box for the sake of looking what interesting things you can learn, then your purpose is to find something interesting.

If you're reading an article on the internet, you purpose is to learn something, what is it you wish you learn? State that and you state your purpose.

Same for reading a book.

I'm reading this book on..... so that I can ...... When you can make a statement using those words, filling in the blanks... you have your purpose.

Alex.

OP Offline

Tks!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved