Hi 4space,

Thank you for claryfing the term "divination". I returned the level 4 manual and divination has a different meaning in other Chinese metaphysics - and it's so much easier to communicate when you have the same definition for the terms.

I think it's very interesting that you did a course with the daughter of Grandmaster Yap Cheng Hai - I am a student of his youngest son and lineage holder of his Feng Shui heritage, Master Yap Boh Chu. From my experience, I can tell that the described effects of the Flying Stars or the four good and bad directions basically hold a certain potential that can be triggered by man (and their human luck). If you are aware of the potential then you can still use it and counter it with your human luck. If contest against authority is a problem for you then you can calm it down by curing the combination (using earth or still water plus wood) or simply by working on your mindset. (The activation cards of level 1 are a very good example. I think it should be possible to use them to mentally counter the negative effects of the stars)

I remember the story about the candle. The element itself, such as fire, is always stronger than a colour. If you cannot use the element, such as fire, then the colour red is better than risking a fire hazard.

When I look at my property, then I can tell that I am safe to use a candle in the North due to the flying stars and other things. Would I place a candle in the North of the North room - it depends! If the dominant Flying star is conflict star in the North, I would use the color red (maybe a red cushion) to counter the effects of the 3.

Would I burn a blue candle if I need fire as a remedy. Yes, because the element is stonger than the colour. Would I burn a blue candle in the North with the intention to activate the North facet - which requires blue or water - definitely not - because of my intention to activate the North facet which is countered by the flame. Intention plays an important role in feng shui.

I have relaxed a lot regarding the stars and I have the feeling that they have relaxed about me, too. smile

I must say that I absolutely love our discussions. Your view opens up another perspective and I would like to say thank you!