Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#87900 08/05/19 09:12 PM
OP Offline

Dear friends

I have two questions regarding door and window in the bedroom:

1) In the Essentials, there is an illustration of a bedroom with the information that one should “not sleep directly in the flow from the door”. Is this only relevant when one sleeps with a completely OPEN bedroom door (Qi would not move through a closed door, right)? How would it be with a bedroom door that is only slightly open during the night?

2) In Level 1, Marie mentions that Qi does not come into the house from windows, but it could leave the house through windows. Therefore, does it matter if one sleeps with an OPEN / partially OPEN bedroom window?

I am asking this questions because my bedroom benefits from some air exchange during the night (due to temperature and humidity), and I have no AC in the room.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi Johnsilver,

Good, better, best.

You need to make the best of what you have. You need airflow so you can stay cool and sleep. I get it. I'm more of a door open or closed energetic kind of a guy. Bed out of the flow of the door is possible. If your window needs to be open to keep it from being overly hot, sweaty and stagnant room, then so be it. If your attention isn't directed out the windows when you walk into the room, then it's not a big deal. If it is, add some bright colors or focus to the bed.

Best,

Shawn

Last edited by Shawn_Grim; 08/06/19 09:48 PM.
OP Offline

Dear Shawn

Thank you for sharing your insight!

Best wishes,

John

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Hi John!

One other quick thought - we've had several customers purchase a folding screen that they place in front of the door at night and then fold up during the day. This creates a temporary hallway into the room and diverts the chi flow from the door coming straight at the bed.

All the best!

Wendy Greer

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved