Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Week 9

What's Gone Well?
That's more like it. Photoreading/reading was easier to fit into the schedule this week.

Things I noticed
Starting to do all the steps of PRWMS automatically.

What Am I Delaying Right Now?
Recording YouTube videos.

What Do I Want To Do To Improve Next Week/ What Am I Going To Do Next?
Turn off the 'idiot box' and read more.
Plan my final few weeks.

Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Week 9

What's Gone Well?
That's more like it. Photoreading/Reading was easier to fit into the schedule this week.

Things I noticed
Starting to do all the steps of PRWMS automatically.

Recording YouTube videos.

Turn off the 'idiot box' and read more.
Plan my final few weeks.

Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Week 10

What's Gone Well?
TV off much more this week. I'd rather read.
Kids borrowed my tablet, switched to a physical book without making excuses.

Things I noticed
Starting to think about applying the PRWMS to novels. I've got several on my to-do list. Even if I finish 1 in a week, that would be a massive result.

Recording YouTube videos. - Aha repeated from last week. Time to apply what I've learnt from a few weeks and one of the books that I read.

Sort my to be read novels, so that they are ready to read.

Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Week 11

What's Gone Well?
Noticing even if I'm not reading or PhotoReading every day, I now, at a conscious level know all the steps.
Started reading a piece 'normally', it was too slow, not enough gamification.
Not going to have applied the PRWMS to all of my unread books in 12 weeks, however I've made massive inroads. Yes, I had that many in my to be read pile. It will grow in the future. I'll always be able to find another book to read.

Things I noticed
Attended an official course this week. I was praying they'd give me a reading list, just so I could see how far I could get and how much information I could absorb and apply between sessions.

Do I need to repeat myself?

Finish up any books currently PhotoReading.

Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

Week 12

What's Gone Well?
Finished books I was currently going through, so 12 week challenge ends 'cleanly'.

Things I noticed
Ready to move onto another 12 week challenge. I've struggled at times to keep going. Even though I've had lots of books to read.

Starting next 12 week project. I think I know what it will be. PhotoReading will play apart in new information acquisition.

Relax.

Drew Offline OP
OP Offline

That's it my 12 week dash is up.

I think I've applied the PRWMS to approximately ....books. I don't want to even count my list, it's that long. Both digital and physical over the past 12 weeks.

Sure, I hit what I think you might call a plateau during the 12 week journey, yet thanks to posting here, I kept going. That's key to making the PhotoReading Whole Mind System your new reading strategy, particularly if reading wasn't your thing.

I tended not to mind map etc. as I don't need to apply the system to academic writing. I did however use a lot of what I read as ideas for content that I had to create for my job.

I didn't experience any spontaneous activation. Sure, that's what we all want. (I've experienced it before and will once my 12 week challenge is up).

The system is more than that. I get it, that's what sells. That's not what you should go for. It's a bonus. Even lawyers check details, doctors practice before a big surgery. You and I are no different. Your base memory and subject knowledge will increase for sure, yet you are allowed to go back to the books and check.

For many, I think it's about spending time with books. As previously written, I hated reading growing up. Now, at times, I want to read rather than turn on the tv. That's huge. Just previewing, PhotoReading and postviewing can be enough sometimes to get what you need from a book.

Activation, My favorite method for me is skittering.

The best activation method for you is the one that works. I think you need to try them all.

I still watch YouTube videos on subjects that I am reading. I love reading/watching summaries. I use it almost to compare notes. I also wonder - how much time did you spend reading this book compared to me?

Our purposes are different, yet very rarely does the summary author highlight something that I've missed or need to add to my own notes. I bet I didn't spend half the time they did getting through the book.

Now it's over to you, what will you do with PhotoReading?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved