What you say is very plausible, babayada, but in denying that which is absolute and constant, one denies by default, the work of love - the ultimate of both in its purest form - which ignites, permeates, and furthers the essence of all good. Without the constant and absolute, there would be no foundation upon which to build, scientifically or spiritually. If the beginning of all life as we know it to be, had been attempted without them, it would have never begun. In order for the cycle of life to be perpetual, certain fixed laws have to be set in motion. From this perspective, it would look ludicrous to suppose those laws to be an incorrect calculation or non-existent, even for the sake of "meditation". As a wise man climbs higher up the stairs, he neither disregards the floor upon which the stairs are laid, nor discounts the steps below. For he knows that without these things, he would be incapable of ascending.

A house cannot initiate the construction of itself. It can only begin as a dream, or concept, in the mind of the designer; then a team of professionals are typically contracted to complete what has been imaged. The designer's idea is eventually brought to fruition by that inner vision inspired by hope, faith, and passion, all of which become infused with the project. To work is an act of love. To build is an act of lifting up and giving to life, to share yourself with others, as those deep, inner expressions are manifested.

All of this may sound simple-minded to a few, but if you've been around children for any length of time, I'm sure you've found that some of the most profound comments can come from the mind of a simple, young child, because that child has not yet been fully indoctrinated with formal methods of thought. Just because an answer isn't enigmatic or scientifically sophisticated, does not mean it is not sound.

To question the existence of our creator(s), would be as the cells of your body doubting the existence of babayada (since I don't know your real name). Even a newborn baby whose eyes are not yet opened, who has just been removed from his mother's body and has not yet been held in her arms, knows that she exists, because he has been with her for the previous 9 months in another dimension of life. And when he is placed to her bosom, he recognizes her and becomes nourished and secure.

It goes against the laws of nature to deny one's source, because recognizing that source will mean the difference between survival and extinction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, that note at the bottom of my post was not meant to be a disclaimer. I was simply stating a clear-cut fact. I place high value on good communication, and I will go the extra mile in an effort avoid any possible misunderstandings. I've found that as a matter of course, people often misinterpret, so it should be our responsibility as communicators to clarify anything which might hinder that understanding.

As I stated in one of my other posts, I haven't taken the Abundance for Life Course, as of yet. Until which time I've had a chance to personally experience it, or have been made aware of something about it that I find questionable, the only opinion I will rightly hold is that of general appreciation. Any disagreements I've voiced in this thread were prompted by the overall *responses* to the original post, and were not targeted at the actual quoted question of Paul's, or the AFL course itself.

If you really knew me, you'd know that I am very genuine. With the combined help of Learning Strategies' Paraliminals and sound reasoning, I've conquered the typical and atypical habits of fear. With the help of my personal faith, I no longer harbor any grudges or regrets. And I have never been one to play manipulative mind games. My heart travels light, with absolutely no baggage. I do my best not to criticize a person, but instead address the words, thoughts, or deeds of that person. Nevertheless, I do not make a habit of criticizing, because I am reminded of a quote by Zig Ziglar, "No one erects a statue to a critic." Anyone with an IQ of 52 can complain and find fault, but it takes an extraordinary person to build humanity and move beyond the walls of mediocrity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit, babayada, that I completely understand where you're coming from. I really do. There was a time, maybe 20 years ago, I would have been susceptible to crossing that line of reason to non-reason, for the sheer fantasy of it. I would have chimed in, right along with you on it. But I am now very aware of the subtle sociological, psychological, and even political changes which will inevitably occur over the generations, as a result of meditating on certain eastern philosophical ideologies and practicing patterned nonsensical reasoning. The end results of those changes go directly against the grain of my core beliefs, and I will not take part in them. I truly believe that the most important type of logic to have in one's arsenal, is solid, good old-fashioned American pioneering "horse-sense". Joined with a healthy degree of flexibility and refined intuition, you can't go wrong.

This is where I stand, and I remain firm in it. To each his own. If it makes you happy to think the way you've chosen, if it serves you well in life and gives you joy, if it allows you to become the best that you can be, and if it fuels you to give of yourself by lightening the load of the less fortunate, without increasing the load of the more fortunate on an involuntary basis, then that's great.

[This message has been edited by SHEANIMA (edited September 20, 2004).]