Babayada;

Magic, I hear from my good friend Bill Harris that there is no magic, I hear it from many people. Even my kids tell me there is no such thing as magic.

There is that little extra something in some pockets of life that I call magic. When the Japanese Sword Master draws his sword and makes a cut so fine. His Mind and body are one. It is completely beautiful it is completely perfect.

When the Dragster is in the pits and after the Master Mechanic starts it up, you can hear that it is already the winner of the next race. It doesn't even need to race but it does and wins anyway.

When the Mariner sails into harms way to rescue someone and does his task without messing his hair or putting down the cup of coffee. Yet danger is all around his vessel.

These things might really fall under the catagory of Faith. They knew without a doubt that it would happen that way. This is what they were looking for, what they expected
and it happened. To me as the casual observer it was something I admired and called "Magic" because it was beyond me.

The power of faith is alot like Electricity.
You know it is there but it is beyond most peoples understanding. The lights are on, the toilets flush so we must have electricity.

The planet rotates around the sun, the solar system goes around something else, so we must have a Universe. Looks alot like a big electrical generator to me.

Your desciption of beliefs, to me seem more like perceptions, I view a belief as something I operate on. I believe that you can change beliefs. If you find that one does not serve you as well as something else might, I think you can throw it in the Mental Garbage can and have it hauled off.

A belief doesn't have to be true either to operate off of it. I mean look at all the people who believe low carbs diets are good for you when secretly everyone, who is in the know, eats plenty of pizza and beer to bulk up for body building contests.

The information doesn't really go away but how you operate off of your belief system can.

Honestly my point to you was just being Happy with whatever comes along. The only reason for being that way is that it just makes life easier.

When Buddha shows up, so what, "do you know any good jokes?" If he doesn't then kill him.
Not getting much happinees there, not making my life easier either.

I have never met Paul and honestly I don't expect to. Although through mail and internet these Master Teachers have come to me. I Believe (that word again) that anyone who helps me on my path with education, guidance or just a pat on the back that is applicable to my life is my friend because they have added to the quality of my life.

My job is very technical and for over thirty years I have had to know how to fix almost anything known to man or beast. Read reams of technical data and explain it to a 3 year old in 2 minutes or less and do it with a smile. I enjoy it, it's challenging and the idea of Self Mastery is a never ending path that gets wider and wider.

I'm not trying to impress the 3 year old with what I just boiled down into that little dissertation, I'm going for my personal best. OK so can I do this and be happy all the way through it? Can I release all tension and have this big demand on me at the same time, "How can I?" are some of the things that run through my head as I view this as more training. Doing it this way allows me to take on more and still feel good and makes me grow.

The results seem like magic.

Wish you the best.

Jeff