Carol,
I wrote a long reply to support you as a fellow AFL student. And I did an error in typing my username. So, it got lost. Please accept my shortness. You push some of my buttons, I had a choice, either let go or share the best I can in time. So, I hope you can look beyond my directness and find the value in it. I believe you can succeed because you have become a wonderful artist. So, now, you want to become a bigger selling artist, that will happen as you clear through your issues. Same with my buz.

Bottom line, the course been successful for you in improving attitudes. Great. But you feel it fail you in marketing. Wonderful, take those feelings through the same process you did with your art feeling.

I don't see the course has failed you yet. Great, you did one marketing to a highly select group. As a fellow resister of direct marketing, I had lots of issues to work through. I went from a 0% reply rate to > 8%. Industry standard for big successful is 2%.
My writers and art friends have gone through many different approaches and had to widen the group sent to before. Yes, they all started off going for the moon publisher and most ended up with them by first selling through others until built up their name.
Just take you post as another marketing approach, here you gave a link that someone may read the post and click on it to see your art. They may be so moved and pass it on. And ... Yet, your link came back could not be found. NO SALE.
Marketing is a business. Many creative people pay others from 10 to 50+% just to sell there stuff. Book publishers sell their books typically for a 40 to 55+% discount to big chain bookstores. So great on a web appraisal. Did you ask him to buy it? Did you ask him the market he used to base that price? How would be the best way to approach them. Great you wrote a carefully crafted letter, by your standard, but was it in the standard excellent form the company you sent expect.

What ever you do, is perfect, because it will give you the result you most want.
Best,
Richard