I like the course, and I get a great deal of value out of it. But I agree with her on this.

I don't like the way LSC markets some of its programs. It does indeed sound like your dreams will come flying out of your butt if only you buy the program.

Something less bombastic and more indicative of personal involvement would be more fair and honest. But honesty is not what advertising and marketing is about. It's about enticing and luring with what can be argued aren't exactly lies, but are. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way. It takes a decision to be more honest and less "persuasive" (read: deceptive).

Shireena, is it their fault for enticing you to think in a particular way and your fault for responding by letting yourself think that way? Yes. I read that section of Genesis linked via your website. Remember the schpeel about the inner voice?

You bit the hook. You let yourself think a certain way. Now reality is giving you a lesson to learn. But the ball is also in their court, too.

I'd agree with you if you said LSC was marketing magical results overnight. They use language that is vague concerning the details because they know, having studied hypnotic language and other techniques, the power of being artfully vague.

Really, I am glad someone has addressed this. I like LSC, and I thought it'd be really impolite to come out and say these things, but here it is. Someone has had the guts, and I'm glad she did.

I doubt, however, that it will have any effect. The benefits of advertising your products in a certain way are just too seductive.

Regarding advice to use the Inquiry Process, LSC might want to run the Inquiry Process on each sentence of its own marketing copy.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited November 21, 2004).]