Hi Dinara5.85,

How are things going for you? I hope you're seeing progress and feeling better about yourself!

Since the paraliminal CDs aren't available yet, I'd like to recommend a couple of tapes/CDs from Innertalk.com: "Ending Self Destructive Patterns" and "Stop Self Sabotage."

"Ending Self Destructive Patterns" is a subliminal tape/CD that helps you get out of your own way.

"Stop Self Sabotage is a two tape/CDs set that has a subliminal tape/CD which contains (I've been told) the same script as "Ending Self Destructive Patterns" and a headphones-only "Power" tape/CD with special coaching and relaxation.

Why am I recommending these two tapes? Because I hated myself. I felt nobody could really like me; if someone was nice to me it was an act, sympathy, or they wanted something from me. I would tell myself that wasn't true, try to step outside that mindset, and for years had been in a pattern that vacillated between "Here I Am!" and "i'll go hide now..."

I purchased Stop Self Sabotage (but I mainly use the subliminal tape) because I wanted to stop getting in my own way with things like weight loss. Well... I've got a ways to go there, but imagine my surprise when I started seeing myself as an OK person! I gradually stopped reading dislike into every twitch and gesture people made. I could talk to people and realize that some people really did enjoy talking to me. I can accept that I am a decent person who has qualities to offer other people and has just as much right to be here as anyone else.

It's been three years since I started listening to that tape. (It took close to a year before I could confidently say, "I've REALLY changed.") I've become a much more outgoing person, have made some real friends, and like myself much more. And I still listen to my subliminal tape every day-- I figure that I have a lot of negative crap to slowly undo.

Anyway, if you're interested, check out Innertalk.com for all your brainwashing needs.

~ Pam

[This message has been edited by benewme (edited December 16, 2004).]