quote:
Originally posted by lisa:

Maybe with an ALL enlightened world we would not need worker ants for those low jobs as these low jobs would be obsolete?

Awesome point. Thanks.

quote:

As you can see, I'm going way beyond just more money for more leisure life and things. In my opinion if every one was enlightened then you’re right - it WOULD be a truly different world - a world I cannot really get a grasp of as I just don't know but I choose to believe that it would be better - much better - not an awful collapse into nothingness or chaos and neediness.

Actually, I think if that happened, society would eventually become restored to the more pristine, "primitive" societies, some of which are still in existance today, for example, the Indonesian Java island tribes, etc. I think as a whole, people in those societies are much happier than the average person in the industrialized, modern nations.

Money and wealth separate the populous. They create classes which are entirely human constructs. Those with money become masters; those without it becomes slaves. Happy slaves are still slaves. And slaves strive to become masters, while masters (most of them anyway), strive to keep slaves around.

Communism began as a desire to equalize all people. Hence the appeal of communes today. Capitalism dominates the world economies, however, because human nature is based on greed and insecurity. History has shown capitalism works, while communism doesn't, but it's a sad commentary on human nature, not a triumph.

After all, the machinery behind getting AFL into your hands is based on capitalism. If AFL really wanted to help all people become enlightened equally, it would be given away freely. Let's face it ... it has probably already earned back its production cost many times over. And yet, it's still prohibitavely expensive to the vast majority of the worker-ant-slaves in society.

quote:

For the sake of baby steps so to speak: If you choose to see it simply as another trance - then which trance would you rather be in ????

As long as we agree it's another trance. Paul makes it sound like we're waking up from a trance into "reality," but I think more objectively, it's just replacing a non-functional trance into a functional one. I'm not sure we're mature enough as a society to REALLY wake up from all trances, because doing so would require changing the foundations of our modern society and re-inventing it from the ground up. No one really wants to do that.

quote:

Love and light,
Lisa

To you, too.