Hi . I could not help thinking about the responses to avoiding prosperity posted here:

hartreefoch posted:
Good point. It's very soothing to see a garbage person and tell myself that he's ecstatic taking away my garbage as his life's calling. Nice.

gwhutton responded:

Personally, (And this is just me) I find it very condacending and arrogant to assume that I know anything about the reasons and beliefs and life situations of people I've never met....
Again, thats just me.

--------------------------------------------------------and then hartreefoch responded:

Forgive me for my arrogance and condacension. The next time I see the septic-tank technician, I'll remind myself he's thrilled to be fulfulling his life's mission managing the waste of his masters.

------------------------------------------------------
I am Raleigh. I empathize with hartreefoch completely! I thought about the concept before I decided to post this. I was laughing inside, as I went through this type of negative thinking, during the 1960s hippy revolution. Consider the fact that LSC allows many of us to live up to more of our potentials and follow our inner bliss--- Does that mean the "unfortunate" people out there who do not buy into LSC and choose instead to do different things to find bliss; such as collecting garbage,-- suffer??!!
I contend that they may be happier than those of us who require much creative academic challenge to be happy. We must appreciate people have different learning styles and different values in life than we do.

I began observing people in tradees/professions that do not utilize verbal, creative, literary, and analytical skills. I notice that many people in those trades/professions are very uncomfortable doing things like writing, reading, verbalizing, and seeking conflict resolutions for a living or even engaging in such things at all, in their personal time. They eschew the activities that most of the people who post here, thrive off of.

The fact that LSC has helped me explore my inner genius and find fulfillment should not make me feel guilty that the guys who love emptying garbage are unhappy. How can I assume what makes another man happy or unhappy?

When I was in college in the late 1970s, I remember the "hippies" at the time rebelled at the grading curve system. They felt that striving for As to be happy, inevitably meant there was eventual unhappiness for the people who had to get Ds and Fs. I actually started feeling guilty about studying hard , during that time period, and I can empathize and relate to what is being brought up on this post.

I have come to learn that those who get Ds and Fs went on to do great things . E..g. Rich Dad Poor Dad, author Robert T Kiyosaki did not do well in academia, but went on to prosper spiritually and economically in the investment world.

In my opinion, if you find your bliss, embrace it and do not feel guilty. Be there for people who ask for help and be available for the people who request to learn from you. However, do not assume, that everyone else is sufferring because you are succeeding at what you value as an individual. One man's meat may be another man's poison. One man's poison ( e.g. collecting garbage from the masses) could be another man's treasured occupation.

One day , hartreefoch, you will be laughing about this, although I know now you are probably not laughing. I was once there; been there, done that.
I held myself back for the wrong reasons, and did not live up to my potential. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

Raleigh

[This message has been edited by raleigh199 (edited March 22, 2006).]