Actually, the other day, I was watching the Discovery Channel and a program called "Dirty Jobs" which examines all the really dirty jobs people do to make our civilization possible. Mike Rowe, the host, asked one person who's profession it was to clean out sewage disasters (such as when the city sewer backs up into someone's basement ... YUCK!) why he chose to stay in this line of work, and his response was really impressive: he explained that a few years back, he experienced the same sewage disaster in his own home, and was affected by it so deeply that he wanted to spend his time helping others in that situation. So, he now he's got a job cleaning up sewage disasters, and it's very fulfiling to him. What a guy!

Anyway, the show is quite entertaining, and all the folks who do the dirty jobs in our society seem very happy, at least on the TV show. I guess I've just been brainwashed by my parents who raised me with threats such as, if you don't do well in school, you'll wind up a garbage man, etc. Oh well. Hmm ... maybe a job in sanitation engineering would be quite fun and satisfying after all, hee hee