quote:
feel like I'm effectively just doping myself with emotional/mental analgesics. Forgive me for being a helpless case!

Do you really want to believe that? Powerful trance when you think about it.

I answered on your other thread. Much of what I wrote there relates to your question here.

It is what it is and right now in this present moment in time I'm fine.

"I'm starting to think I'm too left-brained/analytical to be able to benefit from your method, because from my point of view, by using your method, I feel like I'm effectively just doping myself with emotional/mental analgesics"

Have you noticed how much of that sentence is future oriented? Everything about a trance is oriented to the future expectations or past experiences. Trances are things we say to ourselves that limit our potential futures. We feel justified in using out past experience (trance) to measure our future outcome.

Failing at one Maths exam becomes, can't do Maths. That was then this is now...why take that trance into the future? Right now it is within the realm of possibility to learn Maths.

Yes there is the danger of exchanging one trance for another. And right here in the now it is possible to to let go of the trance. "I can't learn to experience joy within my current reality. " (It's a trance trap.)

Where are you going to be when you do learn to experience joy? Where else can you be other than in your current reality?

You have to start right where you are there isn't any other place you can be. Yet our trances don't allow us to be in the present. We are always judging the past or the future. That my friend is the trance because we are not in the now.

Alex