quote:
Originally posted by NiJuIchi:
Too often I see how a lot of people think we only use somewhere between 2 and 12% of our brains. I asked my old psych professor about this awhile back and found it was far from the truth.
At any given time we're not using all of our brain, and maybe it is around 10% then, but how often are we performing to our full potential. There are an infinite amount of ways we can use our brains, and each way will use different parts, and higher percentages of our brain.
Thanks to programs like the whole mind system we can make a lot more connections between varying parts of the brain for a lot more efficiency than ever before.

NiJuIchi

I believe it's now between "zero %, and 17%"... but for the world's majorities, it be closer to a "0 to 3%"...
I recall the blond haired new neighbor, a dead ringer for Marilyn Munroe at 22... A few days after her parents bought her that house next door, probably to get rid of her, by dumping her on our street... "in our laps"..
I was walking through my yard, when I happened to notice her trying to use a hammer's end of the wooden handle in a desperate attempt to tap down a stubborn protruding nail, in her deck...
I gently corrected her... Her response nearly floored me...
"Oh?? Silly me.. teehee, chuckle chuckle.
I thought the curved metal part was the handle!"
I really didn't know what to say... I smiled polite, as I noticed I had lost some of the feeling in my legs... I turned away, grinned totally ouch, ear to ear,
looked up, and whispered "thankyou"...

She's raising a kid yet... who will be eligible to vote, drink booze, drive, carry a loaded gun in the forest, in 15 years, and make babies in his mum's bloodline...
In her case, I'd give her a zero...

"programs, percentages, full potential, infinite ways, different parts..."

Me thinks that be like autopsing the mind... It be like trying to drive a car after you've pulled off the wheels, the gastank, the gas peddle, and the lights...

I think we use all the brain... and those percentage estimates are merely degrees in how we access, maintain, and employ the mind... as compared to our 100% potential to be our 101%...

What's happening, is the last generation is further mentally advanced than all previous generations, in their mental abilities only... not necessarily in the smarts, although they are more capable of higher intelligence, and progressively more and more lazy, and more and more dependent upon the media to direct their lives... in every way, but real... The tendency is to grow more synthetic, and forget there is a mind... because we are in an extinction fall, and there's no viable reason to want to use more of the mind, which would only show us that we really are fading into oblivion... by our own hand... our timebomb messes to the planet...

You have the ability to access whatever percent of your full potential as you can...
whether you believe it or not... The secret is to learn to push all your fears aside, so they won't be triggered, while you do that accessing... Plus, should you access too much for your present state of evolution, there is a good chance that you would spontaneously ignite and burn...
If you are to play here, It be advisable to look at as much as you can, but do not touch any of it until you have developed a powerful moral resolve...

You might be interested in a couple of the related posts in the "deprogramming" thread, by "cosmicbrat", in "occult forum"... Those posts were/are way too goshawful rough 'n tough to fit in this soft kind gentle-peoples forum...

[Note: username changed from Life to cosmicbrat]

[This message has been edited by Life (edited January 10, 2005).]