Top books for me.

The books that have most formed my sense of self have been exceptional... here they are:

Simon Ley's translation of 'The Analects of Confucius' - very importantly, the other translations of Master Kung Tzu have NONE of the startling intellectual force and emotional clarity of Ley's recreation of Confucius' vitalism. His message of intellectual vitality and the interrelatedness of members of society transforms our world as we speak.

I agree with huttog, and go further.

ANY popular book by Harold Bloom written in the last fifteen years (starting with 'The Anxiety of Influence') is a masterpiece. He traces the genealogy of geniuses and marvels, and represents the gnostic alternative to the angst of our age.

They say the brain creates skills in response to repetition and feedback. I guess then that Michael Hewitt-Gleeson's book 'Newsell' tipped me over the edge into a new way of perceiving ALL thinking and communication. His work in turning memetics, cognitive psychology, and evolutionary theory into practical tools is awesome. I highly recomend his free Speed Thinking Course on the web, at www.thinkers.com

Robert A. Wilson's 'Prometheus Rising', and Antero Alli's 'AngelTech', contain between them one of the most exciting perspectives on the future that I've ever encountered.

Anthony Robbin's 'Awaken The Giant Within' ROCKS, always, in turns of sheer impact and total value-for-money.

I've found personally infleuntial these books

- on wealth, Robert Kiyosaki, see www.richdad.com
- Shakti Gawain's Creative Visualization and Living in the Light, for clarity and luminous beauty.
- Charles Goodwin's 'Secrets of Wealth Creation', which conveys the essence of a tantric reality and the how-to on creating wealth with no startup capital. Find him at www.wealthcreatorsclub.com
- And, agreeing with huttog again, Harry Browne's book: BUT i would add that the writing of Frederick Mann does the great favor of summarising dozens of incredible books, including Browne's work, on www.buildfreedom.com His work I highly recommend.

That's it! Please add any other suggestions for exceptional books.

PS - It goes without saying that, in terms of skills, Paul Scheele's Photoreading book is in my top three. :-)