About 2 or 3 years ago I wrote a post on Mindlist on a hypnosis technique I developed to find lost objects. The technique is basically to induce catalepsy in an arm or hand and ask your unconscious where the object is. My hand will point to the location or I'll suddenly know where I left the object. This almost always worked for me. The times it did not were when someone els moved it from where I last had it, or in another case I put something in a drawer and it fell behind the back of the drawer into the desk. My unconscious always pointed to the drawer which It was not in. I did not find it until I was cleaning out my desk.

Last fall I was listening to the old Nightingale-Conant Silva tapes. I helped my dad move his office a month or so before. My mom lost her cell phone and they wanted me to help them look for it at the new office. She thought it was in a certain place but it was not there. My technique didn't work since I was not the one who saw it last. I put myself in a light trance, and visualized the phone. I saw it surrounded by blue. I called her up and told her to check her car which was blue. She found nothing. I went into the office and saw a closed box. For some reason I opened it and say it was full of blue charts. I took out some charts and the cell phone was under them. This was missing for over a month.

Last night I was shopping at a new Super Walmart. This was the third time I've been there, and it is still unfamiliar to me. I was looking all over for something in the places I thought it should be but I got nowhere. I then put myself in a light trance and imagined what the object looked like. I then knew exactly where it was and walked across maybe 1/4 of the store directly to the exact shelf it was on. This was a section of the store I'd never been to.