Enlightenment...is not this or that. Enlightenment does not calibrate to a scale; it does not lie in books. You don't need a master, besides the Master. There is nothing the matter, so to with enlightenment then!
If you wish for enlightenment you must enter within- into the moment of raw experience. You must enter into it so thoroughly that you are 'never' unsettled. When your mind wrestles with the greatest of problems, when you enter into experience these problems dissolve. Follow this for enlightenment- the quest for enlightenment will come to fruition when you no longer seek it, but live it! It is here with you now, underneath your keyboard. There, you can find it! Forget scales, teachers, mudras, sutras and mantras- the Great Man simply abides in the Great Thoroughfare. But yet continue your practises, they will reap some benefit, and, possibly enlightenment. The revelation is yours- in you it begins and terminates, not in the practises. If your mind thinks of anything but the raw truth of experience- as I have tried to convey it-: such thoughts as, "he must be confused", "I cannot understand, so I may as well continue with what Im doing", you may be right! But the intellective meaning-imputer to those statements is wrong. The existential ortho-ontological experientially-acquiesced ranceur most assuredly pontificates in a deconstructionist aporia! Now, there, in that moment of confusion, enter it and really see the mind which you must abandon!
For this your books are truly useless.

Kristoff "Guerilla-illuminater" Olafsson